Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Styling As A Stylist


I wanted to share some insight into some of the projects I've worked on over the past few years. I worked on a great project, Auxiliary Magazine, in which a bunch of friends got together to create a spin on what alternative fashion, culture and lifestyle meant to them. One of the reoccurring projects I was most proud of was the style article in which I paired my writing with an outfit I pieced together with clothing, accessories and footwear. It was a lot of fun and often challenging as I was limited to the designers I would find (and were willing to be featured) that would fit my vision. I would spend hours upon hours scanning etsy, the internet, blogs, etc. to find the unique independent designers who's creations needed to be seen by everyone! I like to root for the "underdog" as there are so many talented people who need to be recognized and praised. These images below are in no particular order as they appear in several issues of Auxiliary Magazine, all images were photographed and composed by Jennifer Link, editor-in-chief of the magazine.

Enjoy......

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sorry that the photos are so large, but I think they look best viewed this way even though it doesn't work well with my blog layout. I'm using photobucket with the impending doom of blogger charging us for photo usage and storage once we reach a certain limit. Photobucket is frustrating and archaic!!!

If you'd like to view more of my stylist work, check out my facebook and my model mayhem.

Thank for reading!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla


15 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing it! I didn't know this magazine and I read it a little, it's really interesting and inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! I hadn't seen a couple of these. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are more without models, I like the way the one's with the model evolved.

      Delete
  3. I love everything about the Salvaged Decay one!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! And so good to see some men's style too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that must be a difficult job sometimes - I find it hard to come up with new looks for myself!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I think you look great! It's a hard, challenging, yet fun job!

      Delete
  6. These are so great. I'd seen the Memento Mori one before on tumblr but I didn't know you were the stylist. Amazing work my dear. I am in awe =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it pop up on my tumblr feed too and I was like, "Hey that's my project!". It was flattering and surprising!

      Delete
  7. Wow! Such a great range of styles, and every one is fabulous. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^