Sponsor + Ad Info

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Club Diablo : The Funeral


Last night my husband and I attended what would be the last night at a local club in Buffalo named Club Diablo. The sad part is that we now have no dedicated alternative club and/or bar in the greater Buffalo, NY area. Our beloved goth club closed quite a few years ago and Diablo opened with a hope of continuing some sort of sense of a dark alternative scene, well you need to actually GO to an establishment in order for it to make the owner money and stay open. The case with Club Diablo is that the owner wasn't losing money, but hadn't made any money from the club in the past two years. Unfortunately when people don't bother to attend events, a place closes, people seem to come out when a place closes in Buffalo....ugh.

We didn't stay out too late as the place was packed, the music was loud and I'm starting to feel like an old lady. I saw a lot of old faces from our beloved goth club gang and it was so awesome to reconnect and catch up. As much as I love to think about the past, I'm happy with my current life and where I am today. It's crazy to think I met some of those people at the ripe age of 19!


                                                              So, R.I.P Club Diablo

             



What I wore:

Lace dress-Hell Bunny (I'm channeling my inner Stevie Nicks!)

Blazer-H&M

Stocking-Lip Service (a gift)

Boots-etsy vintage section, $20

80s wide elastic belt-$1 vintage market


Thanks for reading!!!


XOXO-Meagan Kyla

14 comments:

  1. That's a shame that Buffalo lost yet another club. We've had Vertex on and off since at least 1995 (save for the year they lost their liquor license and that pesky fire that burned it to the ground). I have my (health) reasons for not regularly going out anymore, but I do think a lot of people take it for granted. A club that is goth friendly three nights a week or more? Who has that?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is :( And yes, people do take it for granted...they really do. I like going to Vertex, but I can't do the drive every weekend, it just gets tedious and I get very tired on the drive home.

      Delete
  2. You and Dr. D need to open a club!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The people who complain that there aren't any good clubs are too often the same people who complain about a $5 cover charge. They can't seem to comprehend that clubs are a business venture, not some kind of free nightly party. Denver is fortunate enough to have a goth night at least twice a week, and I think the $15 or so I spend is a small price to pay for the opportunity to keep that going.

    Love the hair and outfit! I hope you spent the entire night with an awesome snarl like in the last photo. RAAR! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I did sorta spend the night with my face like that, there were so many people and the place is sorta small. As I get older I just can't handle shoulder to shoulder crowds, but I am glad so many people came out.

      I agree about your point with people complaining about a cover charge or complaining in general. In my city most things are free-$5 to get in, our bars are open till 4am and our drinks are cheap! Not that you have to drink to go out OR drink to get wasted. It's just a shame.......

      Delete
  4. Nice outfit! And I love your Siouxsie-fied jacket ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Gotta keep the love of the old. My friend Bud hugged me and shook me, then said, "It makes me so happy that you are keeping the spirit alive". It was really funny!

      Delete
  5. Such a shame!! I will never understand why everyone always shows up for closing night. I've seen that happen to clubs out here, too, then those people who hardly ever came until the last night complain that the club is gone. Baffling...

    I feel very lucky to be somewhat near L.A., where there are abundant Goth-friendly club options... Although none of them are ideally suited to my taste (except a certain Thursday night club that we can't make it too often), at least they are all places we can go to escape normalcy for an evening. :)

    You looked super cute rocking the old-school look!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We know have no dedicated alternative venue, it REALLY sucks. There used to be an awesome bar/live music venue that I called home, but it switched owners and now sorta sucks. Luckily we still have monthly 'goth/industrial' events in Buffalo, so I can't complain in that department.....

      Thank you! I was channeling my inner Batcaver. I didn't even want to get "dressed up" that evening and I turned out to enjoy my look.;)

      Delete
  6. I love your hair and makeup! :o)

    <a href="http://www.shinybubbles.org>yaga from Shiny Bubbles</a>

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain about the closing of clubs. Where I live, there was a place that was packed every Saturday night for years. Then, the building got bought out by the city when the lease was over so it closed down. Another night opened up on Friday nights and they just stopped doing that after having it run for about a year because NOT ENOUGH PEOPLE CAME! Then, on the LAST night, EVERYONE was there!!! It kind of pissed me off. Everyone was all sad, but the night may still be going on if any of these people bothered to come half the time. I understand that people do not have the time/money, etc. but you have to support your scene to keep it going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much the exact same story as what happened in my town. We still have one a month nights, which I am thankful for. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^