Sponsor + Ad Info

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Boogie Woogie On A Saturday Night!


What a great way to spend a Saturday night, hanging out at a cool place with cool cats and sippin' on some retro cocktails!? Well, the hubby and I stepped out with our dancing shoes on to enjoy some; swing, jump blues, rhythm & blues, and rockabilly, at event held by our dearest friends who always know how to throw a party! We did do any dancing as we gabbed our heads off, but that's okay as there will be more special events to kick up our heels.

The hubby was taking forever to get ready (it's a price to pay for having a dapper gent on MY arm, teehee), so no pictures of his ensemble. I kept things simple, classic and most importantly, comfortable!



Pinstripe and leopard looks awesome together as they can both be considered
neutrals. 

Hair was styled up and back into a
pompadour-esque style
What I wore:
Sweater: from Kohl's
Ruffled front button up top: Urban Behavior (mall store)
Red pinstriped skirt: Living Dead Souls
Western ribbon tie: purchased at cowboy store in Florida
Elastic waist belt: ???
Wedge Mary Janes: Enzo Angiolini $150 shoes I got for $20 at DSW!!!!
Leopard hand bag: Dungaree Dolly
Hair flower and earrings: Claire's stores

Thanks for reading! Come say hi on my Facebook page!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

10 comments:

  1. So pretty. Love those shoes! I never find good deals and DSW. Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sorta lucked out with the shoes, super comfy too. Julie Ann has the same pair!

      Delete
  2. Pinstripes + wide belt + western ribbon tie = LOVE. Great find with the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I just love a little tie to add some extra 'something' to a blouse ;)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous outfit - and I love your hair too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You have uber super duper hair dooooo toooo! ;)

      Delete
  4. You look awesome! I love the shoes and the bag. Goddess, I LOVE DSW! LOVE! LOVE! If you haven't been there recently I urge you to go! There are a lot of retro styles out for the spring/summer. Many inspired by that shoe "Mad Men," and some have a real Coney Island retro feel to them (mostly wedged sandals).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I do love wedges and retro-esque shoes....and well shoes in general ;) Thank you for all your kind words my dear!

      Delete
  5. That belt and the fitted skirt are a fab combination. They make such a lovely silhouette. Oh, and I have a thing for handbags with hot pink linings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Dolly Dungaree Dolly always puts fun linings in her bags. As much as we all love black, it's nice to have a bright liner to find the things you are looking for! <3

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^