Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wednesday Link Round-Up : Feels Like Spring!


My pals Ugly Ghost and Ice Bat
It most certainly feels like spring in Western NY, also summer-like too! I'm so unprepared for bearing my skin to the world, not because  I don't have a tan (thank goodness!), but it just feels odd in March to be sleeveless and walking around without hats and gloves on. I'll stop complaining and prepare myself to do some summer clothes shopping, what's a goth to wear in the summer?!

While I ponder what to wear, here are some links to enjoy:

+These Prada shoes are ugly you say, well I think they are hot.....in a hot rod sorta way.
+Miss Emma Aime is embracing the 1920s look this summer, it's a hot trend this year and I love it!
+I'm looking forward to getting older and never giving up my love for dressing for myself (and I'm sure I'll look even more wonderfully tacky), this blog by Ari Seth Cohen is truly inspirational!
+David Mitchell is a British actor that I find hilarious, this article about him made me laugh out loud.
+Mistress Mystral is posing in a snow covered cemetery looking ravishing! Her ensemble is to DIE for, yes the pun is definitely intended. *Wink*

Thanks to my friend Julie Ann who helps me to scout the internet for interesting tid bits!

What advice do you have for a goth to wear in the warmer weather? Do you wear all black?

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

8 comments:

  1. Since this is the summer of my big weight loss (WAHOO!) I'm planning a HUGE shopping spree to celebrate. As you know that means a lot more retro goodness since this is where I am heading these days: sundresses, fun shorts, crazy t-shirts, and a kicking bathing suit should get me through camping weekends, days spent in the garden, and *squee* days in the library! I'll definitely be in black but with some fun patterns and colors popping in here and there. And let's not forget: lots of sunscreen, zinc oxide to protect my tattoos, and fun hair dos to keep the hair off my neck. :D WAHOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds amazing! :) So glad you're excited for summer, I however....am not. I fail at summer fashion with being fashionable and cool. I announced to my husband that I am *finally* buying summer clothing this year and he said, "It's about damn time!". I already bought two cute flowy dresses, I'm going to try *gasp* shorts. LOL!

      Delete
  2. I have no advice because I am an utter failure at dressing for summer. One problem here in "Solarado" is the intensity of the sun; if I bare any skin, I (1) feel like I'm being burned and (2) start to tan. :( I need some sort of loose cotton "suncoat" to wear when I'm outside. But a bigger problem for me is shoes. I don't like wearing shoes without socks/tights and I won't wear shoes that show my toes... so it's nearly impossible to find summer shoes. I end up wearing boots all summer (and getting the occasional snarky remark).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh that sounds horrible about the weather :( I too always feel like I'm getting burned and I slather sunscreen on myself to protect my tattoos AND I don't want a tan.

      I used to be like you in the sense that I hated wearing shoes with no socks, try getting those little lightweight booties that are hidden when you wear a closed flat. I am not a fan of open toes myself, but I do wear them when it's so hot I just don't care. I hate flip flops and only wear them by the pool or once again when it's so hot I just don't care when I'm bumming around. I feel your pain sister! Ugh! ;)

      Delete
  3. I can't bear to wear shoes without socks either.

    I usually wear tights all summer, usually the thick cotton kind that are meant for winter because 1. I own so many pairs 2. I sweat less in cotton and 3. I live in Britain so we don't have a proper summer =P

    I wear black all year, with some other colours too. I just tend to reduce the number of layers I wear (shock horror) and keep things simple. I have a lot of sleeveless and short sleeve dresses. I also have a black parasol which is a life saver (I burn really easily but I'm allergic to most sun-cream).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear black all the time as well, I've tried wearing "summer colors" and those clothing just never got worn. I do mix white with black and I will wear my crazy Tiki dresses when I'm at luau's. ;)

      Delete
  4. Hey Meagan Thanks for mentioning my blog! I've been reading through your blog and have to say its just wonderful! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! You have a wonderful blog yourself, thanks for coming to my little slice of the internet <3 :)

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^