Sponsor + Ad Info

Monday, April 2, 2012

My Weekend Looks


Photobucket


Friday was spent running a few errands in black skinny jeans, creeper shoes, and a typical button-up and cardigan combo. I like to do a single cuff on my jeans to show a little sock and I don't like when a pant sort of 'pools' at the shoe.

Photobucket


I went to a celebration on Saturday evening for Danielle who is one of my oldest and dearest friends. It was her 30th birthday party and I told her, "Welcome to the dark side". *Wink* We had a strange heat wave in Western NY a few weeks ago and it snowed the evening before, so I bundled up and wore my riding style boots paired with a frilly lace/cotton moto style jacket, leggings, my new Lip Service skirt and a thrifted cowl neck top I bought for 99 cents! I love that little jacket as it's a little more girly than my other moto style pieces, I bought it off eBay for $7 and I'm glad I did. I forgot to snap a photo of The Cure back patch I attached to the back.

Photobucket


I don't normally included photos of my makeup as I'm certainly not a pro, but I liked my simple face for the evening. I prefer coppers, golds and metallic's in general with black liner and a glossy lip.

Photobucket

My husband gave me a hand taking the Sunday's casual look photos. It was rainy and cold with a general overall craptastical day. Since it's one of Derek's days off, we usually go out thrifting/visit antique shops, do household D.I.Y projects, or just relax with a cocktail and a movie. I've been reaching into the closet and making myself vary my casual day looks in order to blog about them, so this Lip Service long skirt is going to get thrown into the mix. The skirt is a little cumbersome to wear as it's long on me and I'm 5' 7"! The skirt drags a little on the ground, yet the skirt looks awkward when I wear a slight platform, so I decided to throw on my Docs and hope for the best. It was also another bandana day as the rain it makes my hair sad, so I've learned it's best to cover up the mop and save myself from looking like a wet poodle. Teased hair sprayed hair + rain = curly nappy flat hair =sad face. Of course I have to mention my vintage inspired Halloween cat hoodie by Sourpuss Clothing. I love, love, LOVE anything that is vintage Halloween art, gotta love a spooky kitty cat!

Thanks for reading!!! 

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

7 comments:

  1. O....M.....G I LOVE that Halloween hoodie!!!! I might have to start searching ebay for it and be your doppelganger. LOL

    Great looks. Bummed I couldn't make it out Saturday :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They still have it on the Sourpuss Clothing website: http://www.sourpussclothing.com/index.asp?cat=Hoodies&prod=JINXED+CAT+HOODIE&start=1

      Delete
  2. I just picked up that Lip Service skirt a couple weeks ago, but just haven't found the right way to style it yet. That jacket is an amazing find for $7. I never have the patience to hunt for things on Ebay--guess this is what I'm missing out on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, we can be twins! Those type of skirts I wear with leggings and t-shirts. The sky's the limit with styling, but I would keep it simple and make the skirt the focus of the outfit :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. The lightning leggings are pretty awesome too :)

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^