Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday Link Round-Up : Back To Basics




While reading a discussion on a Facebook group of ladies about 'feeling frumpy' or hating what they are wearing, a question popped up about casual goth wear. This conversation and the comments back and forth really struck a cord with me, because as a stylist I strive to help people feel and look their best all the time and try to give suggestions and helpful tips about dressing for all occasions....most of us don't walk around wearing 8" New Rock boots and PVC corsets everyday. Looking to blogs, websites and tutorials. can leave you feeling down about your day time look, but remember in "real life" there is not enough hours in the day to dress like you're going to a club or concert all the time...and if you do, I applaud you. *Wink*. So this week's link round-up is all about dressing casual, but feeling fab-u-lous!

+These two eBay stores, here and here, are awesome for basics. Lots of black, cotton blends and comfy casual.
+Another great eBay store that has basic shoes like flats and nice layering pieces.
+If you're feeling a little more edgy, give Tambukiki a try. Just remember to pay close attention to sizing!
+Amy talks about casual goth fashion in her blog post, as well as Juliet's Lace.
+When in doubt, accessorize! Pair a black ensemble with some statement jewelry, like this bow and crystal necklace.

Good luck with your casual shopping!!!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

6 comments:

  1. I always struggle with casual goth. It's not the finding basics (as there's some great stuff out there) but the fact that I'm always go with the best intentions but am tempted by sumptuous fabrics and finery and find myself drawn to big skirts, tafetta, lace and velvet. Then I'm loath to spend money on plain t-shirts and more practical clothing...even when it's what I really need. Ballgowns in the supermarket do tend to get caught in the shopping trolley wheels though hehehe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about wanting to buy fun frilly things rather than plain basics, I struggle with it all the time! I try and force myself to think simple as when I am trying to dress for certain events, I get frustrated at my lack of casual (yet fashionable) options in my closet. ;)

      Delete
  2. I suddenly find I have totally old and scruffy clothing that I probably wouldn't leave the house in or I'm dressed for Whitby! I'm trying really hard to get a practical brain and buy those everyday items. It's not helped by the fact that most of my friends (and my husband) are the same so we encourage each other to be frivolous. What I need is a stylist to take me in hand on shopping trips ...shame you're on the other side of the globe :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you look great! Casual is not necessarily t-shirts and jeans! ;)Trystan gives amazing insight on her blog!

      Delete
  3. To some, my everyday office wear would qualify as goth casual, tho' it feels quite dressy to me. But the 'casual' tag on my blog has a few of my weekend & 'casual Friday' outfits that are more than jeans & T-shirts (as I've tried to wean myself away from that look; I'm over 40 & that style feels too teenager-y now ;-) -- check it out at http://corpgoth.blogspot.com/search/label/casual

    I mostly shop at places like Old Navy & Target, where I find tons of affordable dark-colored clothes w/gothy details like ruffles, buckles, stripes, & the like. Just have to hunt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have awesome style Trystan! I shop exactly like you do, there's a world of comfy casual goth out there, hell my husband found an awesome buckle/cowl sweater at Sears (department store) for me!

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^