Sponsor + Ad Info

Sunday, March 25, 2012

My Friday Night In Culottes


My Friday night was filled with friends, dancing to some old industrial and goth music and hulk smashing a drinking glass with my bare hand (I didn't cut myself in the freak accident!), while screaming "It's Skinny Puppy Far Too Frail", as my husband didn't hear me the first time when he asked. The smashed glass was a result of me slipping on a slick wet floor and trying to brace myself on the mirrored wall. My friend Sarah said it was pretty hilarious after checking to make sure I wasn't cut up. Definitely can't say I don't have fun when I go out. Hehehehehe.


I'm wearing culottes that I picked up at the thrift store for $3. Unbeknownst to me, culottes are now in style.......are they a skirt? No, they are easy breezy shorts! So, this is how I rock a trend that I was unaware of, coming to a goth club nearest you! Dun, dun, dunnnnnnnn!!!!


My lovely friend Danielle snapped this photo of me. I'm giving you my serious model pose and that face......yeah, not really. *Wink*

What I wore:
Leopard vest: Forever 21 (most recent purchase)
Tank top: Forever 21
Pinstripe corset: Corsetdeal.com, gift from my dear friend Melanie
Culottes: $3
Boots: Pennangalan, second hand

I also wanted to share a drawing my husband did for me:


He sure knows how to cheer a girl up when she's feeling down. I believe this may turn into a thigh tattoo in the future.

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

14 comments:

  1. you were just so overtaken with the song you had to cut yourself.....
    Um... yes to the tattoo! Shweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, I was excited about the song and went into super industrial girl smash mode. LOL!!!

      Delete
  2. The black and white picture is super pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have to admit I dig it a lot. I like spontaneous pictures the best!

      Delete
  3. The painting is beautiful. It would be a perfect tattoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I wanted another Cure tattoo and this is perfect! My husband will make it look amazing in tattoo form :)

      Delete
  4. hehehehe ... Random smashing of glasses is a MUST on Friday nights. ;) HA!

    Culottes are a trend? That's pretty awesome really -- think of the possibilities! AND: look, you're ready for the hot weather! BTW: You look adorable and awesome ... and the picture of RS that your hubster drew is damned cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smashy smashy!
      Culottes have been spotted at Target and Forever 21, but aren't calling them culottes...I know what they are, can't fool me! ;)

      I MADE myself shop and I'm trying, now it's going to be in the low 30s today. Go figure, lol! But I'm ready!!!

      Delete
  5. Meagan, I love your style - you rock it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love culottes!! All the sexiness of a short, fluffy skirt without the potential for embarrassment from an unexpected gust of wind. ;) That cut looks awesome with your legs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just bought another pair that are lacy and fabulous :) I totally agree about a plus of culottes without potential embarrassment, love it!

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^