Sponsor + Ad Info

Thursday, July 3, 2014

The Last Beat of My Heart : Music Thursdays

Gotta love a little Sisters of Mercy humor!

Normally Thursday's are dedicated to shoes and my love for them, but I've hit a wall. *Gasp* I know. In reality I'm a huge, huge, HUGE music nerd. I love listening, researching and talking about music. I'm not a musician, or a music critic, but I'm just someone who really appreciates music......and yes, I listen to bands other than The Cure. Haha!

On these hot summer days I've been inspired to listen to a lot of ethereal, world beat, atmospheric type sounds or driving tribal rhythms. Here are some bands I've been enjoying this week:



Dead Can Dance


Bel Canto


Delerium

These are to just name a few bands as I've also been listening to Slowdive, Ride, Lush, and My Bloody Valentine which are more on the Shoegaze side of the spectrum.

I'm looking forward to sharing and discussing music with you all!

Happy Music Thursday!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

13 comments:

  1. Love the playlist. I've been very much in love with Tearwave recently.
    As well as a bunch of blackgaze bands. You probably listened to that Alcest track that features Neil from Slowdive?
    Here's a link to it, if not. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ57uBx68N8

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not and I will definitely give a listen! I've never heard of Tearwave or Blackgaze, so thank you for hipping me to something new to check out!!! XOXO

      Delete
  2. '' I love listening, researching and talking about music. I'm not a musician, or a music critic, but I'm just someone who really appreciates music''
    I swear these were my thoughts exactly just few hours ago...kind of scary...kind of cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Doktor Avalanche!! ;-) I also love Dead Can Dance; have you heard their awesome song called "Rakim"?? I love watching the video of their performace of this song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that song :) Derek and I saw DCD in Philly a few years ago. I saw through entire show with goosebumps. Amazing.

      Delete
    2. Oh, you lucky beast... ;-) That's how I felt when I saw Loreena McKinnett a few years ago. Others may not agree, but I think much of her music is incredibly gothic, just like Dead Can Dance.

      Delete
  4. Ah, Doktor Avalanche, the only Sisters of Mercy band member who has been able to put up with Andrew Eldritch ;).

    Can't fault your taste in music! If you haven't already, check out "Facing The Other Way," a book about 4AD's classic years. It's really long but it covers 20 years or so of time and lots of different acts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check out that book! Thank you!

      Delete
  5. I can't wait to give each of these a listen! But the title automatically got the Siouxie Sioux song stuck in my head. I can't believe I forgot about it! :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dead Can dance must have been incredible live. "Enigma Of the Absolute" is one of my favorite songs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Cocteau Twins and especially Dead Can Dance! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^