Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Outfit of the Day : Wind and Hats Don't Mix


I threw this on for my thrift day (Wednesdays!) and Derek really liked the combo, so even though I didn't think too much of it, I snapped a few photos due to his approval. 


It's super windy out today and though I know it's not good hat-wearing-weather, I still wore my newest hat addition (to the collection) anyways. Gusts of wind make for funny photo sessions, I'm holding onto my hat while falling over, hehehehee!

Hold on tight!

The outfit was mostly based around the long cardigan-like top I got at my favorite thrift store for $2.50, it's layered over a loose-fitted tank from H&M, leggings, hat from Forever 21, and my trusty old creepers. I really like the hem of the black cardigan thingy, I think it will be a wardrobe staple this summer. 

image source: forever 21-hat is sold out

This hat style is something I have been looking and lusting after for years, I call it 'The Mission' style hat, as in the style of hat that Wayne Hussey wears. Of course it's not the exact same, but it appeases my need for a big hat which also doubles as sun protection! 

image source : tumblr via google image search
Wayne Hussey original member of The Sisters of Mercy and singer of The Mission (UK)

Hey, this outfit turned out to be a little more informative and insightful into my style than I thought! Hahahaha! 

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

12 comments:

  1. Is there a western store up there? Take your hat in and ask them to add stampede strings. You put a small grommet on each side and add a cord. I always had to have them when I wore a hat while riding. The other option is to get a hat so tight it won't blow off, and that leaves you with dents in your forehead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One nice trick to fight the wind is to make little loops of ribbon or yarn or whatever inside the hat, and then use them to secure the hat into your hair with hairpins. Also works with mini tophats and riding hats :P

    Love your outfit, too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I used to put loops in my mini hats, but now with the mohawk I don't have hair on the sides of my head. Hehehehee. Nothing to attach bobby pins too. ;)

      Delete
  3. I had the same thought as you when I saw it; the Mission :)
    It is wonderful and very trad goth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice outfit! That cardigan is lovely - and you only got it at a few dollars! I wouldn't have known how to pair it, you were able to pull out a funny and gothic ensemble. It's hard to put together a good summer outfit, 'cause you're usually trying to stay fresh and wear as few clothes as possible, but you totally did it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It was nice and cool, which is the type of outfit that is needed on a hot/humid day!

      Delete
  5. Very lovely outfit! Love the hat :3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to have that poster on my wall when I was 14 in 1986. I would kiss it every night.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^