Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Swing Dance : Inspired by 80s Rockabilly

Hahaha!

A month has flown by since last month's swing dance, so (Sunday) it was time to get gussied up and put on our dancing shoes. Derek and I had been listening to The Stray Cats, The Polecats and The Rockats (80s neo-rockabilly!) all day, so our outfits reflected the time period in rockabilly that we both love.....fashion too! I really enjoy the '80s does the 50s' fashions, in fact I'm on the hunt for some dresses to wear to future dances.


I styled my pink polka dot dress by Living Dead Souls with a black button-up shirt over the dress, in which I tied in the front and added my awesome atomic pin by The Crave Yardwhich was a gift from the lovely Miss Beth


My teased bouffant was held into place with the help of a black and pink zebra print bandana and I liked how the bold print and color tied into the big pink polka dots on the dress. I'm wearing a bronze lip color, black button earrings and my big plastic bow necklace. I feel kitsch-tastic!


Let's not forget about my date and dance partner! Dapper Derek is rockin' a leopard jacket that was a gift from me by Nine Deep from ebay. The jacket was bought a size too big, but then was taken to our favorite tailor who did an amazing job on the jacket. Derek is not an 'off the rack' sorta guy, so having a good tailor is key to his dapper dressing skills!


Besides the leopard jacket, Dere is wearing a short sleeve black button-up top in which he changed the buttons to pewter coffin buttons by Alchemy Gothic and an awesome cross bolo tie that we purchased at a Florida cowboy store some years ago. 

Here's my full outfit, hand craved purse by De Tiki

We had a great time and I'm looking forward to next month's dance, but boy are my knees sore! Hahahaha!

I'll leave you with an awesome video that is a great song and have some awesome 80s neo-rockabilly fashion. You know I love the 80s!


Thanks for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

17 comments:

  1. You two look absolutely, super-duper awesome! :) You are darling in pink polkadots and Derek is such a dapper dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both look amazing! I love that the pink in the dress and bandanna match so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does! I was pleasantly surprised that I had the brainstorm of putting them together AND it working ;)
      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a dress with a top over it =D The dress is so full and fun to twirl around in!

      Delete
  4. I bet you two stole the entire show-- you both look really fabulous =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you! Everyone looked great at the dance, we just blended right in!

      Delete
  5. You guys look great! The shirt-over-dress is fantastic. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I'm trying something new for me, I think I quite like it and it sorta doubles wardrobe options!

      Delete
  6. In my late teens I listened a lot at Stray Cats and sewed my own dresses and skirts My hairstyle was a big teased bouffant and curled side locks at the ears, glued with hairspray at the cheeks. I also used 50's glasses with wrong lenses in. :) fun memories.
    Derek looks absolutely fabulous and in his outfit, that jacket is awesome. You look so cute and cool in yours, you have such a great sense of style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, you both look gorgeous! I'm a sucker for the pink + black combo :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely love! I love the way you use bright colors in combination with black ;)

      Delete
  8. oh i not only absolutely love the stray cats i also loooooooove your neorockabilly outfit! this is polka dotted fabulousness! and also your hair looks absolutely amazing and well also your date looks great! that leoprint jacket is a dream! and those pictures of you are brilliant;) oh i have to start with some dance lessons too, as i soooo love the music!
    wish you a wonderful weekend!
    kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^