Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, May 31, 2013

Outfit of the Day : Bandana Print


"I feel bizzare" is what I said to Derek, in regards to wearing red and wearing red bandana print to boot. I love western style anything, so it's not a surprise that I was drawn to this Hell Bunny top at work.


I did hesitate on buying the top because of the white buttons, they made me cringe, so after swapping them for a set of black buttons I was happy. Small changes can make a big difference, just have to use your imagination.


I styled the top with a high waisted 80s skirt that I got for $3.50 while thrifting. The skirt is perfect for swing dancing and wearing crop shirt styles with added bonus of pockets! I added my cross belt, coffin watch and my beat up buckle boots to complete the look. 

I'm also rockin' a Cramps pin to keep it spooky. 
Hehehe!

Have you ever swapped buttons or clasps on a clothing item that made a huge difference?

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

15 comments:

  1. I LIKE that ensemble, and I also like the top by itself... it's got skulls!!! :-)

    Yes, I have switched out things on clothing to make it look better, but I can't for the life of me think of any specifics at the moment, it's very annoying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Skulls, yes! One of the awesome details about the top :)

      Delete
  2. That's a very cute shirt! It looks much nicer with the black buttons and I love how you've styled it with the high-waisted skirt. I have a black and white fabric in a similar print that I've started to make a western shirt from. One day it'll get finished. ;o)

    I love changing the buttons on things - it makes it uniquely your own. And I especially like using different buttons on the same piece - that REALLY makes it unique! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, changing buttons on things really makes it your own :)

      PS-Finish that western shirt!!!!! ;)

      Delete
  3. The buttons do make a big change, and I love this silhouette on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Alison!!! I think I'm going to be living in this shirt ;)

      Delete
  4. Yes, I got this old 80s/90s long dress where all the clasps were falling off, and bought white skull buttons off eBay and sewed them on. It took forever, but I love how the dress looks! I wore it the other day actually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh, I love it! Skull buttons for the win!

      Delete
  5. I need a pair of winklepickers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It actually really, really suits you and fits you awesome! It's fun to go a bit outside of what you would normally wear every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Once I was wearing it, I didn't even notice. I think it was the print that was throwing me off, but the top will get worn a number of ways when it warms up around here ;)

      Delete
  7. Such an awesome look :3 I really like that skirt in specific, I think it's great ^^

    I haven't altered any pieces of clothing yet. I might do that at some point, because I am looking into getting some practice with sewing ^^ It would be great to be able to alter clothes myself, when neccessary :3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^