Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Adventures : Dead Can Dance In Philadelphia

Photobucket
photo I took after their performance, before their 3 encores.

Derek and I bought tickets to see Dead Can Dance in Philadelphia, PA rather than Toronto, ON (Canada- it's only 1 1/2 hours away from Buffalo vs. 6 hours to Philly), because my brother's wedding rehearsal was the same day as the Toronto, ON show and there was no way we were going to miss seeing DCD live. I'm a big fan of traveling to see shows and we have the luxury to do it every-so-often, so off to Philly on the Megabus we go! 

Photobucket
They performed at the Kimmel Center, it was amazing!

Never in my wildest dreams did I never think I'd get that choked up over seeing a band's performance, I was completely blown away. Lisa Gerrard's voice can only be described as magical and angelic, while Brendan Perry's voice is smooth and powerful, combined together gave me goosebumps. Hearing them on record is nothing compared to seeing them perform live with the many talented musicians accompanying them on stage. It was totally worth the ticket price, the trip, the effort, it was a magikal experience.

There set list for the Kimmel Center performance was posted here: click here for the DCD set list.


I was really blown away by "Cantara" live, one of my personal favorite songs to dance too, many memories of twirling on the dance floor at our defunct goth club.

Photobucket
Here is a photo that Derek snapped on the streets of Philly after the performance, at least second I had to control my dress from a giant gust of wind. I think some passers-by got a flash of my knickers, oops!

Photobucket

When I travel, I like to pack light, so dresses are usually my go-to look. This dress was a sale item at $15 at Marshall's (it's a designer discount store), I was drawn to the way it looked like two pieces with the crocheted overlay top. It looked a little too frumpy on me, so I wore an elastic belt (which is on the mannequin, yet covered by the overlay) to give me more of a waist. I'm a sucker for babydoll's and I have found my way back into loving them more and seeking them out while shopping.

Is there any clothing that is an essential for you when you travel? Are you a Dead Can Dance fan?

Thanks for reading!!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to see them in Atlanta on the 5th. I'm extremely excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love it! Bring some tissues with you! Hehehe :)

      Delete
  2. My staple is usually one of those ubiquitous long black lace dresses and I tend to wear them during each day of a short trip.

    ...and we are definitely DCD fans, having seen them in TO last week (and Covenant the night before, busy, busy). We were also lucky enough to see them in 2005, when Brendan sang "I'm in love with a Canadian girl..." which had the place cheering. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is amazing that Brendan sang that :) I heard the Toronto show was very lively!!! Hahahaha!

      Delete
  3. I *love* Dead Can Dance! I'm so jealous of you. They're coming to my country in october, I really hope I can see them.
    Very nice dress by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Yes, please try and see them! You will need a box of tissues ;)

      Delete
  4. I am a HUGE fan of Dead Can Dance!!! LOVE them : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^