Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Accessorize That Waistline


I love belts, well I love accessories in general, but I love belts. I got to thinking about wanting a studded belt for my natural waist and searched the stores and came up short. I thought about studding an elastic waist belt, cutting down a larger belt, etc. etc. Then it dawned on me, shop in the little kids section! Lo and behold I found what I was looking for at Kmart for $8! Of course this look can be achieved with an adult sized belt, but I wanted a slim design and little kids items generally means less expensive.

Photobucket
Wearing one of my favorite over-sized shirts, aka goth sacks

Photobucket
Ta-Da. Look at that goth sack chic!

I have been looking in the mirror and thinking, "Wow, I'm making myself look frumpy in these tunics", so this belt will help me achieve a waist line in my comfy looks. Now if I could only find a little belt with bats on it, perhaps that's another DIY project in the future. *Wink*

Thanks for reading!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

5 comments:

  1. 'Goth sack' haahaa, love it! I'm always afraid of belts ... since I'm so short and ... ahem ... busty! I'm afraid they'll cut me in half - what do you think, Mistress Of The Wardrobe?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they would cut you in half at all! I would stay away from really wide belts and wear the belt at your natural waist. I think belts look great on all shapes and sizes, just experiment :)

      Delete
  2. I love belts as well-- specifically waist belts because they make me feel less chubby hehe.
    This look is fantastic, and I feel now that I must have the same belt =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waist belts can really create a strong waist line and draw the eye to the curves in all the right places!

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^