Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, September 8, 2012

DIY : Boot Massacre!

Photobucket
I've had these leopard print creeper boots by Demonia sitting in my closet for a while, they were bought second hand from a seller on etsy (a no-no, yes!?) for $25. I just never wore them as they looked like a hot mess on my feet. I mean I love leopard print and paired with a creeper style platform would have equaled love, yet these boots are sorta.....ummm, ugly. The boot has so much going on and I was sorta afraid to wear them as I thought they screamed, "OMG, LOOK AT THESE LEOPARD BOOTS!!!!". So, I got the brilliant idea to cut them and make them into something I would wear more often instead of them rotting away in the closet. They had potential, I knew they were the 'ugly leopard boots that could'!

Photobucket
Boots pre-massacre, straps were removed

Photobucket
Snip, snip. Cut right above one of the zipper details, tongues were also snipped shorter

I think they look so much better with the strap removed and cropped down. I may add an ankle strap of my own and tweak the boots a little more, yet I am definitely throwing these into the rotation. It's amazing how a different perspective and some personal adjustments can make you enjoy something more, in fact I think this has cured my urges for new platforms......for now. *Wink*

Photobucket
Here are the boots in action!

Photobucket
Up close and blurry, ack!

Now I'm wondering what else I can cut up and upcycle in my closet. Hmmmmmm. I think I've started something dangerous. Oh! The t-shirt I am wearing is a Ghoultown band tee that I cut and attached leopard side panels to make the t-shirt a more comfortable fit. It was a DIY sorta day!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photobucket
Bonus vanity shot! I love that my hair is getting longer!!!

Thanks for reading!!!!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

7 comments:

  1. OMG! you look fucking awesome in boots, i will love to cut and attached leopard size panel on my gildan raw t shirts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. You could make the left-over boot tops into some wrist cuffs or something too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very brave. I'd have been scared to cut them off for fear of ruining them! What I like best tho' - how cool your tats look under your spiderweb stockings! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was being brave, but I figured cutting the boots above the zipper would at least mean they wouldn't completely fall apart. It worked! Yay!

      Thank you, I dig the way the tattoos look under the tights too ;)

      Delete
  4. My friend did these with the red version a few years ago. Looks so much better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was inspired by your friend! I saw a blog of your in which showed both your boots :) Thanks!

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^