Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Casual Look of the Day: Happy Fall Equinox!


Ahhhhhh, Autumn is in the air. The stores are putting out Halloween and Thanksgiving Day merchandise, Starbucks is serving their pumpkin latte's and the smell of cinnamon permeates through the craft stores. I love Autumn, yet it goes by too quick in neck of woods and then it's dreaded winter. Blech.

I dove into my fall/winter storage boxes under my bed and pulled out the long sleeves, the sweaters and winter leggings. Believe it or not, I don't own that many clothes, so it wasn't huge piles to go through as my closet doesn't get a full rotation like some of my girlfriends wardrobes. The sundresses, short sleeve tops do get stored away for the season, along with the bathing suits and Tiki gear.

Photobucket
One my favorite everyday fall tops, thrift store buy for $2
I also realized I'm not wearing much jewelry as I'm running to Target.

Those damn geometric leggings are new from Forever 21-$8.50. I went to their website and loved them and then made a trip to the store (a few weeks ago) to find them, I asked 3 sales people and they had no clue. D'oh! On Monday I forced myself to go buy some jeans (I HATE pants shopping) and these babies were hanging in a corner. See, it was meant to be!

Photobucket

Oh and about my pants shopping, I was "successful" in buying a pair of cheap-o stretchy jeans from Forever 21 (they are jeggings, but I hate saying that word. Ick. Ick. Ick.).  I really needed something that would pass for pants and I've bought the style before which surprisingly lasted for quite a while, perhaps its predecessor's will be winners too. Gosh, I hate buying pants/jeans, did I mention that before?

Do you do a complete wardrobe change over from season to season?

Thanks for reading!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

11 comments:

  1. Don't you look cute! The leggings are cool. :)

    I don't rotate my wardrobe at all. My outfits don't change much season-to-season because I stay hot all year 'round - in the summer because it's hot outside and in the winter because buildings are overheated. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bane! Man, I always wonder what it's like to live in a climate where things don't change that much. Come to Buffalo and I'll give you some snow ;)

      Delete
    2. The climate outside changes - 90 high in July and 15 low in January - but inside, people force it to remain the same. It might be 20 degrees out when I leave for work in the morning, but I have to dress for 80 degrees because the office building is overheated. SO irritating! I do not want to wear a tank top in January! When there is a foot of snow on the ground, I should be able to wear a sweater inside. Is that so crazy?! :P

      Whew! Sorry, I will stop ranting now. ;) Let's just say I wish I needed to rotate my wardrobe.

      Delete
  2. Jeggings and treggings - seriously, who comes up with this stuff? However, they are my staple in the winter because they're stretchy and allow for the inevitable Winter Weight Gain. Must be some sort of defense mechanism for those of us who live in the cold - bulking up for the winter. Unless it's just me who does that? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have NO idea who comes up with these silly names! What the heck are treggings? Something a Star Trek fan would wear?

      Delete
    2. Apparently, jeggings have an elastic waist (jeans + leggings?) whereas treggings have a waistband with a zip (trousers + leggings?). And this is the Absolute Truth - I worked in a clothing store and saw the packing slips! Although I think your explanation is far more amusing ... ;o)

      Delete
    3. Interesting! Well, I guess I purchased treggings. LOL!!!!! Thanks for the explanation ;)

      Delete
  3. It was 85 degrees here today. It's making me angry. Damn you, California, it's Wardrobe Change Day, and you're not cooperating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holy crap! It's 54 here today, cider and donuts weather. I hope it cools down for you soon!

      Delete
  4. And happy Spring Equinox from Australia! I confess, my wardrobe stays the same all year round ... just more or less layering, heh :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that we're complete opposites! I hope some day I can visit!
      Oh! I love layering, I think there is a true art to it ;)

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^