Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Tiki Tiki Tuesday!


I just realized I've never featured this Voodoo Vixen dress on the blog. I've had this dress since summer (which I got from work) and it's perfect to wear to an event like CanTiki Tuesday's at Cantina Loco. Mmmmmm, Tiki drinks and tacos!

I layered the Voodoo Vixen Hula Girl sundress with a t-shirt underneath and fleece leggings. I am also wearing a wool cardigan (thrifted) with my shrunken head brooch (Charcoal Designs), vintage gold/black earrings (antique mall), cluster of red hibiscus flowers (work) and vintage Dr. Marten mary janes (eBay).



Who says you can't wear tropical ensembles in winter? I like to think of it as escapism at it's finest. Muahahahaa!!!! 


I need to give a shout out to my tacky 80s dangle earring collection. I love you, I love that I find you for $1-$3 and you all help fuel my love of kitschy dress.

Alright, it's time to go drink out of a mug garnished with paper umbrellas and delicious fruit.

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

8 comments:

  1. Awesome kitschy dress! I love the contrast of the vibrant tropical pattern and the shrunken head brooch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great dress, I love those colours together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute outfit - love that cool brooch! 80s earrings, and really jewelry in general, is so great. I love the range of influences and past eras alike that it often pulled inspiration from.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I love the 80s so very much, I want to scream it from the rooftops! Hahahaha!!!! <3

      Delete
  4. This outfit is perfect! I love hearing how you've layered it for winter too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! I try to wear my dresses for multiple seasons and brainstorm how I can layer them. I own A LOT of base layers. Hahahaa!!!

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^