Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Rad Reads


Hello dear readers! Just sharing some articles that I deem "Rad Reads", I hope you enjoy!

Ashes to Ashes : A Timeline of David Bowie's Influence on Goth "Goth fashion traces itself way back past glam rock, of course, but there’s a good chance no teenagers would be walking around in Victorian funeral attire in 2015 if it wasn’t for Bowie, and his influence on the early Goth rockers — they gave us all permission to be strange in bold daylight, to re-imagine ourselves as scary monsters and super freaks."

Buried Under a Bridge in Paris: The Misfit Mausoleums of Montmarte "....many families of the 19th century Parisian elite paid top dollar for prime plots near the entrance of the cemetery where the sun would always shine on the graves of their ancestors and honour their family legacies for centuries to come."

What You Have Is More Than Enough  "Instead of constantly focusing on what to buy next, why not opt instead to think about ways in which to replenish some of the joy that constantly comparing yourself to others has robbed you of, that cost little to, ideally, nothing?"

Side note: Jessica's post (I know it's an older blog post) really struck a cord with me and have been reflecting on how being a blogger can make people feel 'less than' or not good enough, which saddens me. I was so moved by her post I even filmed a video, but was quickly deleted as no one needs to listen to me ramble on...I swear it was positive. Hehehe!

Strega Fashion 101 "The look itself is certainly not new in any way. I love how the Internet will take looks that have been around forever and rename them so they appear new and exciting."  "

My Style-Shelley Long, Forest City Fashionista "I am 54, and I generally don’t think about whether I am dressing “age appropriately” – I am more concerned about whether I am dressing “me appropriately”

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this :3 I've actually been looking for new and fun blogs to follow since I got back into blogging, so I will definitely check these out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Meagan, I'm genuinely honoured to know that my post struck such a powerful chord with you. Thank you very much for sharing it, and that fact, here. I swear, I'm choking back tears right now (from being so moved).

    Huge hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so very welcome dear Jessica. Thank YOU! You are a very insightful and inspiring person. <3

      Delete
  3. I always love links to interesting articles and blogs, thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I swear I don't just think about clothes, lol!!!! ;)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the post mention. I am blown away by Shellys style. Love her already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary's post definitely inspired me to bring more witch and faery back into my style. Although it is similar to styles that have always inspired me, I definitely enjoy looking at more inspiration images to help me decide what to make or search for!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^