Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, January 2, 2016

First OOTD of 2016


Hello all you fancy people! I'm starting off 2016 with my favorite combination, black and white! This Lip Service Blacklist label button-up has sat in the 'club clothing' section far too long and has not been worn in years....until today!


This blouse was a gift from Derek (about 7 years ago) and I'm glad it still fits! I paired it with my favorite skater skirt (from H&M), black cotton leggings (Target), Dr. Marten 16 hole boots and my trusty ponte knit blazer (Target). It's cold and snowy today, so I layered up for work!


I also dug around in my jewelry box and re-discovered this beaded fabric rosette brooch. I pinned the brooch to the top of the Lip Service blouse, because  I think it adds that little 'something' to the outfit. Oh, and my theory about jacket lapels; they are perfect places for brooches/pins, so the Kreepsville 666 rhinestone brooch was added for a little sparkle. Also pictured: rhinestone dangle cross earrings in mid flight. Weeeeee!

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend!
Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

19 comments:

  1. I used to have a button up just like this from lip service! I love the way you styled this. I never knew quite what to wear it with and ended up giving it away. BTW what is going on with lip service? They don't have any new designs anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I used to wear this blouse with a underbust corset for my more Gothic Victorian styles. As far as Lip Service goes, I know that the original CEO/founder Drew Bernstein killed himself in 2014. I think the label is just sort of floundering without him. I do know that Lip Service bought Iron Fist clothing a few years and they seem to be making new designs and expand their market audience.

      Delete
  2. I love this look! What a great way to start off 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outfit! The blouse and blazer look great together. Very inspiring - now I need to look through my own pile of 'not worn in years'-clothes...
    Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think that's a great idea. I have been slowly going through my closet and mixin' and matchin' in order to weed through my clothing. It's been a good exercise in letting myself know, "I have enough".

      Delete
  4. Your outfit is amazing. professional but also with an edge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Creepsville 666 brooch has to be one of the coolest novelty pins I've ever seen. Shimmering, fun, and no doubt an instant conversation starter. Love!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want a blouse like that soooo much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you can search ebay or thrift shops and find one similar!

      Delete
  7. Great outfit! I love rediscovering old pieces from the closet! Love your finishing touch of the two brooches too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree! I am trying very hard to wear EVERYTHING from my shoes to accessories to my clothing. :)

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^