Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Layer, Layers, Layering


Oh Winter, thou art a cold Mistress! *Ahem* Apparently I've been so chilly I'm starting to proclaim in Shakespearean! So yes, layering. I have to thank long sleeve t-shirts, thermal undershirts and leggings for helping to chase the chill away. I also have to give a shout out to wool socks, even though I have a hard time finding them in stores and I have NO idea why. And here is a side rant....

Women's winter clothing. Unless I'm finding wool sweaters at the thrift store or wearing vintage, nothing seems to be made in materials that are the least bit warm!? I was searching for some warm sweaters (i.e. not "fine knit") a few months ago and came up with NADA. Nothing. Zip. Zero. I had to settle for a waterfall cardigan that was somewhat warm......... *grumblebats* I'm just going to wear a blanket with a bunch of safety pins.

dress also featured here

I'm wearing the Skeleton Dress over a long sleeve t-shirt and leggings, paired with my cowl neck buckle sweater, spider pendant that Derek sculpted for me and Dr. Marten boots.


I love the pixie hem on the bottom of the dress!


I also would like to mention the lipstick I'm wearing is the NARS velvet matte lip pencil in Cruella which I received from Sephora (free gift!) for my birthday. I really love the color, yet I'm starting to realize matte lipsticks may not be for me as they are very drying and I hate having dry lips. I do use a lip primer and dap a little lip balm on throughout the day, so matte may only be a type of lipstick I may wear from time to time. But, the color and product=awesome!

Do you have any tips or advice for wearing matte lipsticks?

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

28 comments:

  1. I fell in love with the sweater, it is gorgeous! It fits well with the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great outfit!

    I am on a perpetual hunt for gorgeous warm sweaters in natural materials, but so far I'm failing... Unless I want to be robbed blind there seems to be next to nothing out there. Grrr! Should I have to take up knitting myself to get a good sweater??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking the same thing! I may need to learn to knit myself.....we just want to be WARM!!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh yes, girls... take up knitting. You'll never regret it! :)

      Delete
  3. Colourpop's matte lipsticks are not drying at all and are super cheap! I hate having dry lips too and I find their matte lipsticks creamy and comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of the brand, but have never tried. Thank you for the suggestion and advice =D

      Delete
  4. Woolsocks are actually very easy to make yourselve. The high price and low prosent of wool on knitted socks in stores made me learn how to knit again :) (At school we have to learn how to knit in elementary school -Finland-.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think I do need to learn to knit and make my own wool socks! We learned to sew in school, yet learning to knit would have been awesome too ;)

      Delete
  5. I use layers a lot too. I'm lucky this year they released fluffy/plushy non-furry sweaters and jackets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to find some ASAP! Hehehe, luckily we're having a mild winter, but I am still so cold!

      Delete
  6. L.A. Colors has a moisturizing matte lipstick. I haven't tried it myself. So, I can't tell you if it works or not. Can't remember the last time I put on lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  7. With your sense of style, you could make a blanket with a bunch of safety pins look amazing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agreed! That pixie/handkerchief hem is marvelous and lends this dress a delightfully ethereal quality.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. Skeleton dress - oooh la la. And that spider pendant - Derek much love you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so covetous of that sweater!

    I cannot wear wool unless it is lined and I'm probably wearing long sleeves underneath, it irritatws my skin. Lucky I live in Australia, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find wool to be a bit itchy, so I do the same thing of layering and trying to not let it touch my skin. I don't own any 100% wool socks, so I'm not sure if it would effect to tootsies ;)

      Delete
  11. I can't agree with you enough: I HATE MATTE LIPSTICKS. HATE. LOATH. They dry out your lips like the Sahara. HATE.

    What a cool sweater and that pendant is to die for! Your hubby is a talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a self proclaimed lip balm addict, I don't know why I even thought matte lipstick was a good idea....LOL!

      Derek is a very talented person, I am always in awe of his art, creativity and talent. I cherish the items he makes for me <3

      Delete
  12. I agree Cruella is awesome! I just took some outfit pictures wearing it the other day but haven't posted them yet! Also, I LOVE the sweater with the cowl neck and buckles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^