Sponsor + Ad Info

Sunday, June 9, 2013

Outfit of the Day : Leopard Print and a Shrunken Head.....Skirt


On Saturday I wore this outfit to work at Cats Like Us, I sorta "forgot" about my wonderful Mode Merr shrunken head pencil skirt. I love shrunken heads, as odd as it sounds, they fascinate me.  


This skirt is not new to the blog, but I like to style pieces in a variety of ways, like this way and this way. Since I was going to work I wanted something comfy, so I paired my shrunken head skirt with my 'Suffering From Elvis Disease Shirt' (Derek's name for his Elvis bust creations) and this cotton/poly leopard blazer that has made it's appearance time and time again, it's just that versatile! I wore a belt over the t-shirt as the shirt is bit big and I was trying to control volume while giving myself a more defined waist. My trusty studded creepers finished the look with a simple leather studded cuff and my black hair scarf tied in a bow.


How do you get the most out of the pieces in your closet?

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

11 comments:

  1. I love your outfit posts <3 you always look great!
    That is an awesome skirt - I am also fascinated by shrunken heads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, that is very sweet of you to say :)
      Shrunken heads and how they come to be are intriguing to say the least!

      Delete
  2. Lovely outfit. When i purchase a new item I like to imagine at least two outfits I can make with it and the already existing items in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that is such an awesome way to shop! =D

      Delete
  3. I love the whole outfit, tee/pencil skirt/blazer... Perfect styling :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Katelynn - whatever I'm buying has to play nice with other items in my closet!
    And can I just say - I'm a fairly recent follower of your blog and you are now in my list of style icons! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I think I am blushing! That is so flattering and thank you for reading and following my little blog! :)

      I try and do the same, buy to add to the wardrobe and make the most out of the piece!

      Delete
  5. That blazer is so perfect! leopard print will be my downfall I swear...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's mine too! I love cheetah and zebra too ;)

      Delete
  6. Wow, wonderful look! what I like the most is the way the print on your shirt matches the shrunken head print on your skirt ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^