Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Outfit of the Day : Leopard and Bones


Often I wear a lot of plain clothing and snazz it up with accessories and shoes, but sometimes I like to mix up patterns and textures. I believe the key to mixing patterns is the harmony in colors and patterns. For instance, I'm wearing my X-Ray Doll Parts dress (which can be seen here and here) over a pair of black leggings and I added the grey leopard vest-I consider animal prints a neutral in this case. Since the grey leopard vest has such a small pattern it's not competing with the larger X-Ray print and the grey is a compliment to the nice soft texture of the dress, along with the color palette of black and white. 


I choose the black stretch belt to not only break up the pattern on the dress, but gives the dress a nice shape and gives my waist a little cinch. Oh yes, I truly love belts! I am wearing black leggings, because I like that it ties the black hair scarf and black belt all together. I kept all of my accessories simple with silver which also ties into the studs on my creepers. My poor beat up creepers. 


Just a little insight into the way that I dress, no fashion rules over here, I just like the aesthetics. *Wink*

Do you wear patterns? If so, do you like to mix and match?

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

11 comments:

  1. Love it! Combining patterns is always a great option in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try and get the most out of my clothing and I like a good challenge, so I mix it up....literally ;)

      Delete
  2. You look pretty and cool at the same time :). I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your outfit! It's absolutely gorgeous, and the thought you put into it really pays off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Meagan ,

    I wear patterns too ...a lot of Oriental inspired ones , and several colours as well ...your style is very original ...by the way , I fell on your blog while looking for Daniel Ash pictures , so , is it okay if I use the one with Siouxsie and the goth people ? if you don't want me too , it's no problem :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Feel free to use the photos, I believe I got them from google images.

      Thank you for the nice compliment about my style! I also enjoy Asian patterns, I need to incorporate them more into my clothing. Thank you for reading!!

      Delete
    2. Thanx a lot ! your pictures with the mohawk reminded me of the time when I had myself big teased hair ...now I have very long hair ...if you'd like to see some pictures , you can see them on ladryada.wordpres.com ...mind : my blog is mostly written in French ! I'm currently writing an article about the new wave/goth subculture - again in French - but there will be some interesting pictures !

      Delete
  5. I like to mix patterns too! : ) And I agree with you, leopard print IS a neutral - so is camo! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually never thought of camo as a neutral, but will agree with you, very versatile!

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^