Sponsor + Ad Info

Monday, April 1, 2013

Sophistique Noir's Monthly Theme : Vintage


I was so excited when Ms Kitty announced April's theme as vintage, I was a little stumped in terms of an outfit to put together, something I haven't featured already. Then I remembered my amazing 40s inspired Stop Staring! dress that I wore to my friend Beth's wedding in 2011.

The waist tie criss-crossed in the front and was
tied in the back.

I love this photo, Derek looks like a crooner.

The dress was a gorgeous emerald green and black, trumpet style shape to the bottom and flutter sleeves. I looked high and low for low-heeled shoes to wear for dancing and those shoes are perfect, I love the decorative cut outs! I adorned myself with rhinestones; earrings, necklace, bracelet and vintage shoe clips. I kept the rhinestones small and delicate as I didn't want to overpower the elegance of the dress.


Unfortunately I didn't get any really good photos of my hair, but they were slightly brushed out finger waves. I think we clean up pretty good. *Wink*

With the beautiful bride :)

I love vintage inspired looks for special occasions as it really makes me feel glamorous and like a lady. You can see what I wore to my brother's wedding last year right here.

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

17 comments:

  1. Oh that dress is amazing! And you look gorgeous in red hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I often miss it, but it is so much upkeep!

      Delete
  2. Love the dress and it looks so great with that hair color! I spy a cyberoptix tie! I want one of each for my ken! My favorite is the last photo of you and the bride - so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is! Derek has two, one from me and one from a friend, they are amazing!
      Thank you, I love that picture too. Her and her husband were glowing, it was amazing :)

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous dress, and I'm in love with those shoes! You both look great and really do clean up well. Derek looks like he was going to break out singing “Strangers in the Night” or possibly “My Way” at any moment. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! He has sang Sinatra at karaoke, it was pretty hilarious and awesome. He's such a goof! <3
      Thank you, this post is reminding to me to wear those shoes!!!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely dress. You look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful dress! Its colour matched your hair colour perfectly :). Plus you looked very good in it. And those shoes, they have such a vintage vibe! Amazing outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love green with red heads, I wanted something different than just all black :)

      Delete
  6. That dress is totally delish!
    I also see part of your hair pin and shoes and they look quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^