Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

It Don't Mean A Thing.......

....if it ain't got that swing!

After quite a few months of not attending our friend Chuck Chaz's swing dances, we decided to make a night of it and thus get gussied up. 


When it comes to swing dances, I like to wear fuller skirted dresses and this Living Dead Souls number was just what the doctor ordered. The dress is black with a red floral pattern, ruching at the waist and a sweetheart neckline (gave me good cleavage, teehee!), it's very comfortable and was given to me by my friend Julie Ann. Yay! It was chilly on Sunday evening, so I paired the dress with a thrifted cotton shrug and black fishnets. I completed the look with black button earrings, black beaded bracelets, a filigree black bat necklace, and  black suede 40s style shoes.

I love back seam stockings

We can never take a "normal" picture.

The dance was fun, though we didn't dance as we're both terribly rusty and really need to take some lessons.  Next time I'll be twirling around the dance floor with Mr. Derek. *Wink* If you've never tried swing dancing, I recommend giving it a try with a partner as it's really a fun time and great exercise!

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

19 comments:

  1. What pretty dress <3 I wish husband danced, but no. Says its not his thing, and men weren't made to dance. Silly man :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe someday he'll spin ya around the dancefloor ;) Never say never!

      Delete
  2. You have the most fantastic clothes!! When I die, I'm going to haunt your closet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahhaa! Thank you! My closet isn't vast, but I do have some neat items ;)

      Delete
  3. The dress looks fantastic! I want to learn swing dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to go swing dancing! I went salsa dancing a couple of weeks ago, and I had a great time. A lot of places offer lessons before the dancing actually starts, so that's what I did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My father LOVES to salsa, I would definitely like to learn as it looks like so much fun!

      Delete
  5. Lovely outfits! Sounds like you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. :D That picture of you and Derek just makes me so happy! YOU NERDS! heheheheh ... you two are ADORABLE, with a capital A! And darling, you look amazing! Simply stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, thank you doll! We really are nerds! ;) Seriously, every time we try to be serious, we look morose..it's just not 'us'. Hehehehee!

      Delete
  7. Perfect outfit! LOVE the dress- it fits you like a dream! Also, really enjoy the backseams with your tattoos - it really adds something!

    Also always enjoy a cute subculture couple photo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my leg tattoos, I can't wait to get MORE!

      Delete
  8. I am crazy for your hair and and and everything else!
    Love it!
    Saw you on Style Sud...
    Becky :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Miss Becky! Thank you for the lovely compliment and it's nice to meet you!!!

      Delete
  9. oh darling you are amazing! i just found you via arianes blog and i´m glad to come here! you are one lovely and unique lady! i´m a sacker for back seemed tights too and that dress is gorgeous!
    hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
    lot of love and kisses,mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Miss Mary! Thank you so much for your lovely compliments, I'm truly flattered! Lovely to meet you XOXOXO!!!

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^