Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, April 5, 2013

Illusion Lace


I've stated before (and I'll probably say it again...and again) I really love lace and this includes illusion lace. To best describe illusion lace in my own words, it's lace that is used on a bodice (in front or back or sleeves) that gives the illusion of lace while still giving the garment structure. Basically the lace becomes the 'top' or 'sleeves' or 'back', I think it's very classic and elegant. I'm always drooling over vintage 50s illusion lace dresses on etsy, so beautiful!


Though I'm not a 50s debutante (they wouldn't be caught dead in Doc Martens *wink*), I can enjoy the little illusion lace treatment on the Black Dahlia dress by Steady. I paired the dress with lace Leg Avenue stockings, a stretch waist belt and my spider web cardigan from Sourpuss Clothing. Add a hair scarf, striped button earrings and my coffin wrist watch and I'm ready for work! 

Do you like to add any classic vintage elements to your modern stylings?

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

16 comments:

  1. You, my friend, look absolutely gorgeous! I love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very much my kind of style! :) I love mixing goth with 40's and 50's elements so I guess I'm something between Siouxsie and Dita. Like, combining the pinup makeup with a black fluffy mohawk and platform shoes for instance. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Mixing and matching up inspirations is what I love too. Taking the classics and amping them up =D

      Delete
  3. I love lace too! I had no idea it was called illusion lace, you learn something new every day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Glad I could be helpful with my ramblings. Hehehehe <3

      Delete
  4. Lovely outfit! This is definitely something I could be caught wearing on a daily basis - actually I have a few Zara dresses that look a lot like yours here.
    You know, you gave me some ideas for my dresses 'cause they're quite elegant and I had no idea how to tone them down a little bit, and a cardigan+Doc Martens may do the trick. That cardigan's very cute by the way :)
    Oh, and I love lace sleeves/tops/back too :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome and thank you! Glad I could give you some ideas, it's nice when we can wear our more fancy things day-to-day with a few more casual pairings, like the cardigan and boots :)

      Delete
  5. aaaaaawww lace -lace is always a great choice. And never heard about illusion lace before - you are never too old to learn new things :)
    I really love your outfit - so gorgeous! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! YOu look fantastic in the hair scarfe!
    I have a few tops with lace top and also use to combine them with lace stockings, it makes the outfit complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think lace top paired with lace stockings is a great combo too, makes me feel elegant but still edgy.
      Thank you, I do love that hair scarves keep my hair off my face when I'm sick of it in my face. Hehehe!

      Delete
  7. This outfit looks great on you! You've got STYLE, girlfriend! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^