Sponsor + Ad Info

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Vacation Slides: Cleveland


"We're actually leaving earlier than planned?! Goooo us!"

Hello friends! Here are some photos of our mini break to Cleveland, OH. We left last Sunday and got home late afternoon on Tuesday. Much fun was had and many photos were taken!


"It's a major award!"

One of our stops was visiting the A Christmas Story house, which A Christmas Story is one of Derek's favorite movies and having it on continuously on Christmas Day has become a tradition. We got to tour the house, which is amazingly interactive, learned a lot and had fun!

"Be sure to drink your ovaltine!" I told Derek to try and recreate the look on Ralphie's face when he finally decodes Orphan Annie message. Not quite the same, but still funny. Hehe!


"He looks like a pink nightmare!"

Yep. You can put on a pink bunny suit at the house and Derek didn't hesitate for a moment. I was laughing so hard and so was the rest of our tour group. We like to have fun and (as you can see by the photos) we're not afraid to get totally silly. 

Goofing around the hostel before going to Porco


A trip wouldn't be complete without visiting a Tiki bar and Porco is one of our favorite places! I was pretty excited to have our first drinks served in a Darth Vader mug and a Chewy mug, these are by Think Geek and can be purchased here. I would like to get a few of these awesome mugs for our own collection.


We ate massive nachos, chatted with the bartenders and had to take the obligatory, "We're at a Tiki bar", photos. We like to document our Tiki bar visits as we like to try some of the drink recipes at home or take inspiration from the bar's decor. 


On the last day we went to the Dittrick medical museum and it was AWESOME! Unfortunately due to only having an hour to explore (parking was a bit of a pain), we didn't get to see everything, yet it just means we'll have to go back! I also want to mention that the museum is free and if you live around Cleveland or are planning a visit, it's a must see!


There was an 1800's physicians office display, complete with the skeleton in the corner that I wanted to take home.


Check out this amazing x-ray machine!!! 


We also went to Lakeview Cemetery and I was so busy enjoying the view, I forgot to take photos. Oh well, but fun was had by all, yet I always love coming home. *Wink*

Thank you for reading, until next time!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla




17 comments:

  1. So many awesome experiences! I had to beam - I don't think we've ever left the house early for a trip. We're punctual by nature, but always seem to get out the door 1 - 4 hours later than planned with trips, especially since packing the trunk always takes longer than anticipated. Tres impressive on beating the clock, you guys.

    I hope that your summer is filled with tons of enjoyable happenings as well!

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tend to be good on getting out the door when it's a big planned trip, but non working regular days is a bit of a struggle at times.

      Thank you dear Jessica, I hope you had have great adventures this summerwith mininal health flare ups!

      Delete
    2. We tend to be good on getting out the door when it's a big planned trip, but non working regular days is a bit of a struggle at times.

      Thank you dear Jessica, I hope you had have great adventures this summerwith mininal health flare ups!

      Delete
  2. you guys look like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really did. Back to reality, but it was nice to not have to "adult" for a few days.

      Delete
  3. Ooo, didn't know the Christmas Story house was a tourist attraction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The owner bought the house and restored it to look like the house in the movie!

      Delete
  4. You two always look like you are really having fun! Love seeing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some times I think we're having too much fun....if that's such a thing. LOL!

      Delete
  5. That is so cool that you can visit the house from A Christmas Story. We watch it every year. Last Christmas was extra special because my son, Philip got into it too. He sort of looks like the little boy and he spent the entire winter telling people he doesnt want a gun because he is going to shoot his eye out with that thing! That is so cool that you can try on the pink bunny suit. I would so do it. It is so nice seeing you two having a blast. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Derek! IN A PINK BUNNY SUIT!!! Yup, my blogging day has been officially made. So you can actually TOUCH STUFF in the house? Yup, *moves visiting the Christmas Story house up on my too visit list* we need to go. BIG TIME!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I am so glad. Every time I look at that photo I burst out laughing. I love that crazy hubby of mine.

      Yes, you can pick up the Father's bowling ball, hide under the kitchen sink, try the soap in the mouth (we didn't do that, ick!) and of course, the bunny suit. Cleveland is a cool place and if you guys decide to take the trip, let me know and hopefully we can meet up! We're only a little more than 3 hours away ;)

      Delete
    2. ABSOLUTELY!!! I don't think it's going to be this year ... but in the next few years, definitely! :) Try the soap? But, but ... you'll get soap poisoning.

      Delete
  7. So much fun!!!! Looks like you and Derek had an amazing time! I don't think I'd be able to resist putting on the bunny suit though I'm sure it wouldn't be as funny as Derek in it! ;) I love that the medical museum was free! So awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh!!! I haven't checked in for a while and I'm so sad I missed this til now! But so glad you got to visit some great parts of my kindahometown the Cleve, especially Porco. Effing delicious drinks there. Next time mention your trip and I bet your Cleveland readers would give you a list of stuff to do (or schedule a hang out?? eep.) Anyway PS: I used to live in Buffalo and spent a lot of time in Rochester so much love for NY :D ).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like fun! I'm glad you got to get away for a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^