Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Hello, Is Anybody Out There?!

"peek-a-boo!"

Hello friends! I have not forgotten about the blog, I've just been so incredibly busy with the store and my own etsy shop. I have also been battling my allergy issues and, quite frankly, I've been feeling pretty miserable. I also realize how much my summer wardrobe is quite boring, but I think it's due to being very picky about material, cut, etc., more about that in a future blog. *wink*

This guy right here. He is my rock.

Derek has been working his butt off and in turn is feeling a little burned out. Next week we are going to take an overnight trip to Cleveland, OH and go to our favorite vintage shops and go to Porco Tiki Lounge for some tropical libations. He needs it, I need it, we need it. I need it so much that I totally forgot about it, hehe! Oops! 

We had a bit of a blow last week as our roof is not going to be able to go through another winter, so we need to get it done and have an opportunity to do so at the end of July. I am happy on one hand as we will have the sewer system fixed at the end of this month and the roof done at the end of July, but it will leave our savings drained almost completely. Sigh...I know, "Happy home ownership". Grumblebats. I am sick of hearing that, seriously. I do have to give us both a pat on the back as we are trying to do all these repairs without taking out any bank loans, still paying our bills on time and still having a bit of fun. Yay! Adulting!

What have you been up to? 

Thank you for reading, until next time!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

11 comments:

  1. Waves! Hi!

    Allergies suck! Mine have been bad lately, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you both need to sit down and enjoy a nice drink at your tiki bar and while you are there, have one for me too, please! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! We did that on Sunday, when Derek made the BIGGEST Mai Tai ever. We were both a little tipsy indeed. Thank you dear <3

      Delete
  3. Yeah, when you have a house, it's ALWAYS SOMETHING. You fix one thing and there goes another. Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed! I am still happier than renting ;)

      Delete
    2. *side note: nothing wrong with renting, we just got sick of bum landlord's ;)

      Delete
  4. Wow allergies and roof repair aaaaaggghhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. {{{Soooo many hugs}}} It's great that you two are going to get away for a little while. Sometimes that really is the best "medicine" to help one heal and recharge in the midst of a deeply stressful time in their life. I hope the vintage powers that be smile on you while you're on the road.

    xoxo ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are talking about adding a deck this year. I love my house even though it can be a ton of work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the roof! I'm sure that was just the thing you did not want to hear after having all the sewer problems! Good on you and Derek though to try and take care of it without taking out bank loans! I hope everything works out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^