Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Touches of Gingham

dress styled here and here

I've been making the closet rounds once again and pulled out my Apple Pie Gingham Trashy Diva dress to wear for work. A lot of people tend to shy away from gingham as I think it reminds them of picnic tablecloths, but to me it's an adorable black and white geometric print, which I am all about! 


I thought it would be fun to pair the dress with a little cardigan to get the effect of the ruffled bust to just 'peek' out from the V neck style of the sweater. I really love ruffled and/or ruched bust's on dresses, as I think it adds some lovely visual interest to a garment.


I'm wearing a big velvet hair bow (very old, Claire's), black rose necklace (gift), black rose earrings (gift), black belt I always wear (yeah, I should get another one some day. Haha!), Lydia brooch (Jubly Umph) and leather Mary Janes (Aerosoles).


I also have to give a shout out to a dress that has nice deep pockets, so deep in fact that I found a lip gloss that had gone missing. D'oh! Mental note: make sure to check dress pockets before washing.

Thank you for reading, until next time!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

8 comments:

  1. Gingham is the bestest! I'm a huge fan of it in any colour, but especially like classic B&W, green and white, and red and white versions (and will always love pink and white, too, because my first poodle skirt, at the tender age of six, was in that colourway).

    Have an awesome week, stylish lady!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! You are looking lovely in your gingham head wrap on your blog. I hope you are having a great start to the summer <3

      Delete
  2. I really love the way you've styled this! I have this same dress (Yay dress twins) and you totally gave me a new way to hear it! <3 Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it looks adorable on you! *Gingham twins*! Glad I could inspire you to style it a different way <3

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^