Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, April 4, 2014

The Red Jacket


I love the color red, I love read shoes, my hair is red, but for some reason when I wear red I feel like it's screaming, "LOOK AT MEEEE!!!". Well, I've got to get over this as my faithful black jacket (exactly the same as the style above) is getting retired. I bought the black Tripp NYC moto jacket about seven years ago and even though it's still in good shape, I'm not a size small jacket. I have never been a size small jacket in my adult life (wide shoulders), but it fit better back then and now it's just too tight. We had our fun together, now it's time to except I'm losing a wardrobe staple and to move onto wearing jackets that I do have and that do fit comfortably. I am one of those people who wear their favorite things until they are almost to pieces, I try to mend the item or re-purpose it into something, but I will also admit defeat. 

I also lost a favorite button-up "Robert Smith" over-sized shirt in the great spring closet clean out. Sigh. 


But obviously I'm not that broken up about it. Haha! I've just more shocked that the jacket hoarder needs to buy a new black jacket. Let the hunt begin!

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

21 comments:

  1. I saw you and then I spotted Peter Murphy and The Cure behind you. I think I love you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your style! This outfit is so damn pretty! I know exactly what you mean by saying the colour red screams: LOOK AT ME! But your style is definitely worth a look :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love red jackets although the colour does not suit me! They are so James Dean in Rebel Without a Cause! They look amazing on you!

    Oooh no, I know that losing something great in a clean out feeling! I have got rid of things either by mistake or thinking I would never wear them again then and then later wanted them for an outfit! The worst loss was a velvet bag of the "just big enough but not too big" sort. It's hard to get a good velvet bag these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you =D I agree, it's hard to find a good velvet bag, vintage and/or second-hand shops are probably the best places to look!

      Delete
  4. Yes, red DOES scream at people. And that jacket looks great!

    Vix's comment just reminded me that it's Friday, and I'm in love, so time to turn on YouTube and turn up the speakers... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, that last picture is so wonderful! You look so happy and filled with emotion. :3

    Are you going to be selling your trusty old jacket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always goofy ;-) hehe. I will probably sell it in my etsy shop. It has a Sisters patch on the back that I love and a Christian Death.

      Delete
  6. yeah what's happening to your old jacket? Donate? sell? Throw it? scrap it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love red and that is a great jacket. Now that I live where it's cooler I get to add to my jacket collection yea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're looking great! That jacket is SO awesome!

    x Dawn
    www.wickedlypleasant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also have a red jacket and I feel that it is a bit loud sometimes as people give me "THE LOOK" when I wear it. I don't particularly care about that at this point in my life, we all need to wear what we want and enjoy life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I've been wearing the red jacket as my go-to everyday jacket and I've gotten used to it =D

      Delete
  10. Umm, I'm guilty of wearing things until they have fallen apart ... or Anita says to me 'hmm, that jacket is looking a *bit* tatty!', and then I realise that I haven't even noticed!! Which reminds me, my favourite one needs to be replaced too :*(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to replacement favorites :( Good luck!!!

      Delete
  11. I'm actually selling my Tripp NYC black moto jacket (size M), worn once. would you be interested in buying?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the offer, I am looking for a large so that I can zip it and have some wiggle room.

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^