Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

On the Wire : April


Saturday was On the Wire's April event and between getting home from work, painting up my face, spraying my hair and frantically finding something to wear (I tried to plan, but I hated everything I put on) and be to the venue by 10:30, I had no time for a proper outfit photo. 

I haven't worn this Lip Service dress since last year:


As I'm looking at the blog post that these photos were featured, I am realizing that this dress seems to be a once-a-year piece. Haha! I did layer a skater skirt under the dress to give it more volume and length, so perhaps it will see the light of day more....or darkness of night!


I do have to take a minute and praise two products, e.l.f Studio Lip Lock and NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick, as my lipstick stayed all night and didn't feather at all. Biggest bonus, I did not feel like my lips were cakey and chapped, so I didn't even bother reapplying. I keep going back to NYX for my lip liners and lipsticks, they have great colors and I can't complain about their budget-friendly prices. 

What lip products do you like that keep your lipstick/gloss/etc. staying put?

Thank you for hanging out with me!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla



12 comments:

  1. No lippy stays for me, but I love lip crayons. Really want to try the LimeCrime velvets, but they are a little pricey.
    I hate it when I try to outfit plan and then hate it day of! I usually turn my room into a desperate 'tornado of clothes' as I throw everything around in my attempt to get ready.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hrmmm, I've never tried lip crayons, I am not intrigued!
      Yes! I am in tornado mode that night, clothing everywhere! Hehehe

      Delete
  2. *insert wolf whistle here* WOOT! WOOT! Looking like a major hottie, darling gal! I'm loving the accessories ... BIG TIME.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! The nose chain got dusted off ;)

      Delete
  3. I love Revlon's Just Bitten Lipstains, they stay on really well, don't feather, and come with an attached lip balm to put over them. Colors I like are somewhat limited, but that's just me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You look super amazing, if its at all possible to improve on how gorgeous you usually look. We have a super cheap, cruelty-free British made brand of make-up called Barry M - the lipstick and eye liner stay put all night. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much *blush* You are very sweet dear Vix!
      I've read about Barry M on your blog and the colors are amazing on you! =D

      Delete
  5. Love the outfit, hair and jewelry! I really like NYX lipsticks too, and you can't beat the price. I either wear and Urban Decay pencil called Ozone or a pencil called No Bleeding Lips under my lipsticks and glosses to make them stay put. I like them because they are clear so they don't change the colour of the lipstick you're wearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, I'll have to check those products out! Thank you for the suggestions and lovely compliment <3

      Delete
  6. love the outfit and the NOSE CHAIN ohmyword. Love.
    I'm a huge fan of lip stains myself, with an eos balm over top. currently I'm using N.Y.C. lipstains, I have a red and a fuschia that I rotate :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I will have to give those a try. I am always looking for lip stains as I've tried a few that were so-so.

      And thank you =D

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^