Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What's Shakin' Bacon?


The weekend was filled with Spring cleaning, but first Tiki drinks were imbibed. Derek is shaking up come Coco Lopez cream of coconut for some Painkillers....the drink not the pills. Teehee!


Sunday was the day. The day we bought two new (to us) vintage gold club chairs, most likely from the 1960s. I don't talk too much about my love of home decor and mid-century furniture, but it's a passion and interest in our home. We have nicknamed our decorating style as "Mid-Century Macabre", mixing mid-century with taxidermy, bones and skulls, funerary items and other macabre art.


Derek and I like to hunt for; furniture, barware, and taxidermy on the weekends. We scour second hand shops, vintage and antique malls, estate sales and we love to get a good deal. The two chairs we bought were a great deal, as the vintage shop owner had the chairs cleaned and the cushions re-foamed while still keeping the integrity of the original gold fabric. Since we acquired these two pieces, the living room was turned into a Tetris game (we have a smallish apartment), yet when we put our two heads together (and me almost killing my back lifting our couch) we produced a set up that we are in love with! I moved some decor items around and Voila! a whole new perspective. 


Sunday's attire was inspired by the 70+ degree weather. Derek and I indulged in some pizza at our favorite pizza place in Buffalo. Gotta fuel up before you start the job. Mmmmm, Gino's never stop making pizza. Never!


Even the skeleton got Spring cleaned. Sprung cleaned? Spring clean? Whatever. Mr. Bones got moved to the tattoo shop along with our toe pincher coffin. I was sad to see them both go, but the shop is like an extension of our home, so we get to decorate there too!


 I think this little corner we set up is so cute and I think Mr. Bones is happy resting his bones in his new church chair at his new home.



And since our weekend doesn't stop at Sunday, here is a peak at Monday's second sitting of my 'Dead Mary' tattoo that is being worked on by my husband. The tattoo is inspired by my love of Derek's Dead Mary statues and all his kitschy and spooky art!

I hope you enjoyed your weekend. Thank you for hanging out with me!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

2 comments:

  1. I'm a girl of few words .... lOVE It

    ...:)...
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very cool home. Mr. Impybat and I describe our condo's decor style as "Pee-Wee's Playhouse Meets Flea Market"...with some bats, gargoyles, and skull/bones-related stuff thrown in for good measure. There's an awesome flea market near us we visit on the weekend when it's in season. you never know what you're going to find there-- Hanna-Barbera cartoon puzzles, taxidermied puffer fish, or purple velvet-flocked mannequin heads.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^