Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, April 25, 2014

"Nun, the Word Says It All"


Pardon me from quoting Blache from the The Golden Girls, but I just couldn't help myself! Meet the newest nun that joined my Convent. I called her "Nunnie Buns" while I was putting her on the shelf, perhaps that is her name now? 


On Monday I had a great vintage shopping day with Derek and our friend's Iris and Sebastian. Sebastian found this lovely nun doll for me and though I'm not a huge fan of dolls, I made an exception for this lovely gal. I love her blue eyes!


Look! A flying nun!!


It's safe to say I take some style notes from nuns. I don't know where the obsession came from, perhaps it was from being raised Roman Catholic, or my wondering what they are wearing under their habits, or my love of uniforms. My interest has nothing to do with religion, I just love nuns and I can not lie!

Thank you for hanging out with me!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

11 comments:

  1. you're adorable and so is NUNchalant

    ...:)...
    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nuns! Lolzzzz My husband says they used to hit his hands/knuckles with rulers when he would misbehave in Catholic school as a kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My dad said the same thing! My dad is actually left handed and would smash his hand when he wrote, so he does write right handed, but is really left. So cruel!

      Delete
  3. I was also raised Roman Catholic. In fact, I was an altar girl who wore the white robe and carried the cross up to the altar......and look how well I turned out :P lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adore this nun inspired style!
    gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the nun doll! My boyfriend was telling me about this place in Michigan called "The National Shrine of The Cross in the Woods." It's the largest crucifix in the world, but it's also home to a nun doll museum. Here's the URL: http://www.crossinthewoods.com/about-the-shrine/the-doll-museum

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^