Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Family Travel Time, Wow!

Hanging out in Washington D.C. wearing my new Kattitude Halloween Cat Bag
by Kreepsville 666

Derek and I traveled down to Virginia to visit with family for the Thanksgiving holiday. leaving last Monday to avoid the snow that was headed to Buffalo and the surrounding area. Of course, the news made it out to seem like the impending doom (that was snow) was going to be worse than what happened in reality, but I still wanted to hit the road to make it safely to our destination. 

Thanksgiving was nice, getting to see all the nieces and nephews was fun and exhausting, but I'm happy to be home! It always seems like the drive home is always so much longer....

The metro looks very retro futuristic

Derek and I also traveled by metro to visit our friends in Washington D.C. I have to say that I've traveled in may cities via their metro systems and trying to pay the fare using D.C.'s metro machines was so confusing! Derek and I just looked at each other in total "WTF?", luckily when we asked another traveler, they were very helpful. 


I did some super sleuthing online and found Hogo which is a low key Tiki bar in D.C.! Unfortunately our friend Dan couldn't join us, but Bea, Derek and I did some major Tiki drinks sampling for about four hours. Haha! Everything was delicious, but the volcano bowl that Derek and I shared was my favorite.


Any time we travel I like to see if there is any place that serves Tiki drinks, has a tropical theme or if there is anything kitschy. We did a Tiki road trip back in April when we visited my parents in Florida and we are concocting some Tiki plans for 2014. Muahahaha Moai!

I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving and is enjoying the start of their holiday season!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla



6 comments:

  1. That volcano bowl is fascinating - what was actually in it? It looks potent. Do you remember much after that point? ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is supposed to serve 4, but it was so full of ice that it was perfect for Derek and I. It had rum, tequila, ginger beer, lime juice and something else (I forgot), there is 151 in the middle which is lit on fire!

      This was our second volcano bowl on our trip ;)

      Delete
  2. Hey you came to my neck of the woods and didn't tell me? :) You better next time, would love to meet up even if it's 5 minutes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn it, I wasn't even thinking! Next time I'll be bugging you for sure ;)

      Delete
  3. I've lived in Arlington for a couple of years now, and I have never once been on the Metro by myself. I'm a weenie. The busses are easier and I'm lucky I can take one straight to my office!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drinks are better when they're on fire.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^