Sponsor + Ad Info

Monday, December 9, 2013

Outfit of the Day : Polka Dot Sleeves


I wasn't looking for a shirt when I was shopping the womens department at Target. I was on the hunt for a particular sweater (which I couldn't find) and this shirt was a lone wolf on a sweater display and it was saying, "BUY ME!". I always get excited when I find seasonal tops that aren't see-through nor a static-y material as the winter months in Buffalo mean layers, layers and more layers. I need warmth!


I paired the shirt with my favorite skirt which has made it's appearance more than several times on the blog. I really don't have an incredibly large wardrobe, so I try and highlight different combinations or new items that are incorporated into my closet.

The shoes from Nasty Gal that were on sale and then not on sale.
Still not on sale. 

I think that one of my challenges as a fashion blogger is that I want to keep things "exciting", but it's just normal ole' me and I wouldn't be true to myself and my blog ideals of 'alternative fashion on a budget'. If I bought everything I fell in love with (at first sight) I would be back into debt and miserable. So in reality I don't have a large budget for clothing and repeat items are bound to show up. I just try not to be boring!

What is your favorite repeat piece in your closet?

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

19 comments:

  1. At the moment I can't stop wearing a silly white button up blouse from Romwe. Funnily enough at the time I first saw it I really wanted the red version, I never realised I'd be boring up my blog with the white one numerous times in a row.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find blogging my outfits definitely makes me try and throw together more outfits with different pieces so as not to be too repeaty, but there are pieces I use again and again, mostly skirts, as I have a much larger blouse collection that skirt collection. My most commonly recurring skirt would probably be my 'goth fairy' one, layers of pointy black tulle that fall perfectly, so it doesn't look bulky, even though it should be. It falls to around my ankles when I stand up, too. My favourite length!

    It is funny how a different blouse or jacket or whatever makes an outfit look totally different, though, I didn't even notice the skirt was a repeat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, blogging does give me more inspiration (and reason) to style pieces definitely. I sometimes wish I had a larger wardrobe, but at the same time when I choose to buy a piece, I know it's going to get worn ;)

      Delete
  3. Almost EVERYTHING in my closet is a favorite repeat! This goes along with my mantra, "If it doesn't BEG you to wear it, get rid of it." But I will admit, my black leggings are getting the biggest workout right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Black leggings=I can't have too many ;) I like your mantra, I like it a lot.

      Delete
  4. Ooooooooohhhhhhh... I love your shoes... I like that you remix, or rather, when people remix. I read blogs because they are realistic. I have no interest in seeing how people wear a new outfit every day. Ok, back to the shoes. Oh... The shoes! So good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true, it's real life!

      Hhahahaahaa! SHOES!!!! I am glad they are now added to the collection.

      Delete
  5. Cute shirt! That was a great find. You do a great job of mixing things up; it would seem that your wardrobe is vast. Infinite, even!

    My favorite repeat item is such a repeat that I have repeats of it. ;) I have several plain black long-sleeve tees that I wear in almost daily rotation during the winter. And plain black tanks for summer rotation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Having plenty of basic repeats make me very happy (and less frequent laundry loads) ;)

      Delete
  6. i love the shirt!!
    the outfit in general is really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the shirt!
    the outfit in general is really nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This outfit looks so lovely on you. Shirt like these were very common in the end of the 80's. I had one in a silky material that I used over and over again til it fell apart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have a very similar top to this one in the late 80s as well. ;) I loved silk tops!

      Delete
  9. I agree with your idea about different wardrobe combinations, it makes a person look like they have a lot of clothes! Love those shoes with the long skirt, awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^