Sponsor + Ad Info

Sunday, December 29, 2013

All Dressed Up With Somewhere To Go....

Loving these new crushed velvet leggings from H&M

Oh me, oh my! Friday I was sorta lame and got dressed up with the intention of going out to one of our monthly goth events and by the time Derek got home from work, I was entirely way too tired. I worked all day and have several days of inventory at work ahead of me, so it turned out to be a wise decision to take off the club gear and go to bed. 

Trying a "modeling" pose, what I call the hunch.

I'm not saying I'm an old lady at 33, but it takes a lot more effort to go out and stay up late than when I was going out over ten years ago. I still love to go out in theory and I miss the days of frolicking until dawn, but the fact is that I can't bounce back like I used too. 

boots: second hand from eBay $20

Let's point out that I haven't worn platforms in.....ummm, forever. I used to live in platforms, I used to cherish my buckle boots, yet abuse them at least 2-3 times a week on the dance floor. You could see me wearing platform shoes on a daily basis, now I next-to-never wear them, though I will always have a special place in my heart for ridiculously tall shoes. 


You won't see me abandoning club nights or stop getting excited about going out for a fun evening with friends, it's just that life changes, priorities change and sleepiness comes very easily, so I've excepted it.......I think it comes with age. Haha! 

Zzzzzzzzzzz....
Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

15 comments:

  1. I love the little 'tail' bits on the back of the skirt. You look great! I missed the last Goth club because it was about a 40 degree celcius heatwave day where I lived, although apparently it was cooler in the city and it might have cooled off a bit by the evening. Sometimes it is best to just take a night off and get our beauty sleep :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those leggins as well, they are truely amazing! And I also faced the same problem: I wanted to go out but ended up being to tired and unmotivates. Two days in a row... *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so darn comfy, glad I snatched them up ;)

      Delete
  3. Ah, you look so pretty! It's a shame you didn't get to go out, but there's nothing worse than a night out when you're too tired for it. And you're not getting old, because I'm 19 and I'm just as bad. ;)

    I wouldn't mind a pair of demonia platforms myself, but they're so expensive, and due to my feet being an irritating half size I don't like buying shoes without trying them on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Demonia's can be a little pricey for what they are, but a lot more pocket book friendly than some other brands. I would keep an eye out on ebay for used boots/shoes! :)

      Delete
  4. Sigh ... club nights. These are practically non-existant for me these days. Hell, the last time I was at a club night was in Boston last New Years. Yes, LAST NEW YEARS. I just don't have the energy, time or stamina any more. And honestly, it's just not a priority. True, it's going to take you more time to bounce back and I, personally, don't want to spend the next day in a coma. I just have too much work to do ... work that I love to do more than going to a club night.

    You look absolutely gorgeous! I LOVE that hair color on you, doll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm really digging my red hair, I need a change ;)

      I figure I put enough time into clubbing since I've been going out since the age of 14 ;) Not a priority, like you said.

      Delete
  5. Definitely all about that big bow on your head. I love the whole outfit, but the bow kind of makes it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel your pain. Our closest Goth night at a club is on Monday nights... MONDAY nights!! So I can only go if I'm not working on Tuesday, which usually limits my club appearances to vacation weeks. I was actually going to go tonight, but everyone else I know that was going cancelled, so I decided to skip it. Hopefully by my next vacation (March or April), they'll be able to go as well. You looked great, though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! A lot of my friend's weren't going out either, so that was another reason to stay in ;)

      Delete
  7. You look so lovely :) I understand your point of view, lately I also like to stay at home and devour books and movies;) It feels sooooo good! A good year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was done with club nights by the time I was 23.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm starting to feel the effects of age over here as well.......

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^