Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Outfit of the Day : Gingham


I wore this outfit to work on Wednesday. It's been so hot, humid and sticky that dresses have been my go-to choice to try and beat the heat.

The dress has pockets=bonus! 

The Apple Pie Gingham Dress by Trashy Diva has been on my radar since I first started 'officially' working at Cats Like Us. I fell in love with Trashy Diva designs ever since I first stepped foot into their New Orleans store on my honeymoon in 2010. Their designs are vintage reproductions done in modern materials and though they are a higher price point than some of their contemporaries, it's nice to treat yourself here and there.


To compliment the dress I am wearing; bone cross rosary necklace, little bone bracelets, black belt with silver buckle detail, wedges and my hair tied up in a satin ribbon. 


The dress is cotton and comfy, the ruffled bust line makes the gingham look more subtle and I like that I can wear a regular bra. Pssssst, I have to admit I hate strapless bras! 

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


14 comments:

  1. Psssssst, I hate strapless bras, too!!! BLEAH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a necessary evil at times, but not when I'm HOT!

      Delete
  2. Seconding the strapless bra dislike - I only have one, and it keeps slipping down when I wear it.

    I love your dress! You look so adorable. :3 It's always interesting to see how gingham can be used in different ways, and I love how the bust has been done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look super cute! Love the dress on you. And yes strapless bras suck! Argh...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look super cute! Love the dress on you. And yes strapless bras suck. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look super cute! Love the dress on you. And yes strapless bras suck! Argh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh i love this dress! it looks absolutely gorgeous, especially the ruffled bust line, i have to try something like that for one of the next dresses i´m going to make. it looks really stunning! well a pretty dress on a beautiful gal;)
    love and kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you love! I would love to see you create something similar, you are so talented! <3

      Delete
  7. Oh my, that dress is gorgeous :3 I love the bust line and the pockets especially. I think it's really nice that the fabric used in the bust line matches the one that's used to trim the pockets with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trashy Diva dresses are amazing in design and their fabric choices. Really happy with my decision to add this beauty to my closet :)

      Delete
  8. I agree, strapless bras SUCK! The dress is very cute, it fits you perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^