Sponsor + Ad Info

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Outfit of the Day: The 80s Tropical Dress


I have mentioned in a previous post that I love the '80s does the 50s' styles, so I was excited to find the beauty I'm wearing from an ebay seller for $20. 


The dress is a size 9/10 and I needed to do some major altering in the chest/halter area which included putting in (as I call it) boob darts. I am pretty proud of the job I did, though not the cleanest application, the alternation was a learning experience. 


The bold print with the black background makes me happy, the cut of the dress is flattering and it has pockets! I wore a green metallic spider flower (made by my friend Julie Ann), black stretch belt, black filagree bat necklace and little comfy flats. 


I think I might have to wear this dress to the next Tiki gathering we go to, now which Tiki mug should be my drinking vessel? Hrmmmmm.....

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

16 comments:

  1. It's so cool that you can look goth in a brightly colored tropical dress. :) You look amazing in it! And that hair-flower-thing is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have a weakness for any brightly colored prints on a black background. It's one way a goth can get away with a lot of color, especially in the summer. I like your friend's hair flower too; what a perfect match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I get excited when I see anything Tiki-esque on a black background=give it to me! ;) Thank you@

      Delete
  3. The colour of that flower goes so well with the colours of the dress! Amazing coordination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually really like green a lot, though I next-to-never wear it. ;)

      Delete
  4. Great dress and it looks so good on you! aghhh I'm super jealous of you >_<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing dress! I love it:)

    bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh thats such a pretty dress! i love the print and the halter neck! those 80 does 50´s look is perfect! i also love the hair flower! fabulously from head to toe;)
    love and kiss,mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I recall owning a dress like this in the 80s... ahh, it was such an odd time, outdone only by the early 90s.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's amazing how you can wear such a brightly coloured dress and still make the overall appearance of the outfit look very goth and spooky :) It makes me happy ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that is a fantastic dress!!! I love how it still has lots of black in it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^