Sponsor + Ad Info

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Questions!? I've Got Some Answers...I Think


I often get questions/comments from not only my readers, but from strangers on the street or even my dear friends, so you asked, I'm answering.

How old are you? I'm 32 and I will be turning 33 this year. Sagittarius!

What type of goth are you? I am Meagan Goth of Buffalonian Land! 

How many tattoos do you have? Honestly, I have no idea. I never sat down and counted, but I was asked how many coffins I have on me and the answer is five...I think.

Your husband is a tattoo artist, that must be so awesome getting free tattoos! Derek is a tattoo artist, which is way rad, but the "getting free tattoos" is not how I view his career. He takes the time out of his busy schedule to tattoo me and I'm always grateful and he's always happy to tattoo me. <Insert big smile> Just like if your partner was a baker, mechanic, etc., you'd probably have some benefits of their craft and skill. Derek gets a wife who's not only a bad comedian, she's also excellent at an assortment of things, like breaking all the glasses in the household. Oops!

How do you decide on a tattoo? Usually Derek and I are joking around about something and it turns into an idea or I'm taking a shower and an idea pops into my head.

Do your tattoos mean anything? Nope, not really. I do have a 'Mom' and 'Dad' tattoos dedicated to my Mom and Dad, they are on my inner forearms. I have my Robert Smith and Siouxsie Sioux portraits on my thighs as I'm an insane fan. I just really like my tattoos, they make me smile. 

How do you draw on your eyebrows? My natural eyebrows are still there, I don't shave them completely off, but the 'tails' on my brows are tweezed/shaved off. I'm a natural blonde and have light brows, so I use an angled brush with water-proof gel liner to darken my natural brow and draw in the angled tails. I then use the same angled brush with a soft black eye shadow to blend and soften the look of my brows, plus it fills in any spots. 

Where do you shop? I joke with Derek and say, If I can't find it at; Target, a thrift shop, at work or H&M, I'm never going to find it. I do like to shop online; etsy, ebay and Sourpuss Clothing.

What hair products do you use? I use a variety of products depending on what style I'm trying to achieve, but people mostly ask about my mohawk and what I use to get it to stay up. I use thickening mouse by Bumble and Bumble on my wet hair, d: fi D-sculpt fiber  on dry hair along with texturizing powder (thank the Gods for this) and hair spray. 

That's all I got for now, just a little insight into me!

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


8 comments:

  1. I'm convinced the Target and H&M stores in the States must be very different from ours. I NEVER find anything as cool as what you find in either of them.

    Or maybe I just give up too easily. Sometimes I get overwhelmed in those big stores. Give me a crowded thrift store any day. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer to thrift, but I gotta buy my socks and undies somewhere! Hahahaha!

      I don't always find a ton at Target, but I like the clearance rack!

      Delete
  2. LOVED this! And agree on the "free tattoos" gig, as I too am married to someone who does a form of art (photography and yoga) and people always think I get some sort of cool hookup (or that they can because they know him). Hey, no one wants my free webinar capabilities?

    But always fun to know a bit more about one of my favorite bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Favorite blogger! Awww, I really am flattered! ;)
      Yeah, the whole "Can I get a discount because I know YOU" really peeves me off. Sorry Charlie, we have to eat too!

      Your free webinar brings all the bloggers to the yard!

      Delete
  3. I have another question: Why are you so awesome!??!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shucks *blush* I think you're awesome Miss Natalie!

      Delete
  4. It's always nice to know a little bit about you! I am glad to know there are other clumsy people who constantly break things. I broke a mug by putting it on the sink while I was standing about a foot away from the sink- hence it actually landed on the floor not the sink. ha ha.

    Yes, thrift shops forever! Except my local ones haven't been too great recently. I think they are starting to realise the value of things. I laugh when they get things wrong though, for instance a no name brand item that looks like granny clothes for $50 and a Yohji Yamamoto skirt for $7 (definitely one of my best finds ever).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear I can look at a glass and it will break, lol!

      I think the same thing about thrift shops. I often think that they price things according to what is trendy or "in" at the time.

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^