Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, July 26, 2013

Outfit of the Day : I Wear Short Shorts


This was my outfit yesterday, rockin' more short shorts! I bought these shorts from Hot Topic last year in a "I need black shorts" panicked shopping trip. I needed shorts, was looking for black shorts, found next-to-nothing.....this year they are everywhere. D'oh!

I wish they were a little longer!!!!


The cross top was a purchase I made on my retail therapy/quest for tops shopping excursion. For some reason I don't do to well finding tops while thrifting, so I have a tendency to buy new (sales racks, etc) which also means I'm that much more picky in my purchasing. I've always had a lack of tops in my closet, it's annoying and I'm trying to fix that issue....baby steps.


I picked up this button-up cross patterned top at Forever 21 for $14.80. I've been trying to stay away from Forever 21 and explore other stores, but I went back to them and Voila! walked out with two tops. This particular top has two things I love, collars and buttons. I really like a structured garment with a feminine flare and this top has a slight peplum along with being flowy and light. I showed Derek the top and he said, "Yeah, that's definitely a Meagan top", hahahahaa! 

Do you have more tops or bottoms in your closet? 

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


14 comments:

  1. I love shopping at forever 21. I always find such great deals and cute clothing on their sale racks. This outfit looks really cute on you btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't dislike shopping there, I just am trying to have a little variety. Hahahaha! But I agree, cute stuff and good deals!

      Delete
  2. I always have waaaayyy too many tops! Even when I go through my closet searching for things to discard on a WEEKLY basis, I always end up being "top heavy", heheheh...

    Seeing you tugging on your shorts made me laugh. If the legs have any kind of a hem length, try ripping it out to make them a bit longer, and use pinking shears to keep them from shredding (unless you WANT them to shred). And if you still don't like it, or if there's not enough hem to do that, why not add contrasting material? Another DIY project in the works...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a great idea! Thank you!

      Delete
    2. Oh that's an awesome DIY idea. :)
      I really want to try it too!

      Delete
  3. The top is lovely. I myself don't wear pants or short. I can't stand how uncomfortable it feels :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are ADORABLE! :) I agree with Lucretia, try adding fabric to the bottoms. I usually add some longer, fancy lace to the hems when I need some extra length. It keeps the integrity of the garment while adding the extra length that I need.

    I have to admit, I never thrift. It's a personal thing, but the thought of wearing a stranger's clothing that came from a rack of other stranger's clothing just grosses me out. BIG TIME. *shudder* Sales and store coupons are my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hrmmm, I never thought of thrifting/vintage shopping in that way before!

      Delete
  5. I totally have issues with Hot Topic shorts, I've did tried so many back when I worked there... they are too short for my mental comfort zone. It's silly! I'll keep waiting for the perfect short length to appear on the market. -.-

    I suffer from lack of tops as well, it's all t-shirts and dresses in my closet.

    I love your hair wraps! It looks so adorable with that top! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "They are too short for the mental comfort zone" OH MY GOODNESS, I feel exactly the same way. Thank you for putting it into words! Hehehehe! Glad I'm not the only one ;)

      Delete
  6. Forever 21 is right now full of all things CROSSES. I LOVE CROSSES so I am trying to stay out of F21 right now....I now have a few too many things with a cross on them, but I figure I may as well stock up while this sort of thing is available!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, I know! I love crosses and put them on clothing=want to buy it all!!!!

      Delete
  7. I really like Forever 21 as well. Their current collection features a lot of things I like, so when I went there when I was in Berlin last week, I really had to make an effort not to buy EVERYTHING in there :3 I think I did okay, because I only bought a dress and a jumper ^^

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^