Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Three Different Outfits, Same Pose



I was laughing while I was going through my outfit photos for this week, I'm striking the same pose! I just have gotten into the habit of snapping off photos and knowing what looks better than the 10 other photos in which I'm posing like a total goof. Hey-you gotta have fun, right!?

I decided to lump some outfits together this week as working at Cats Like Us is a good reason to reach into the closet and wear my clothes! I often get into cycle of wearing certain things and neglecting the other gems hiding in the back of the wardrobe. I find myself on certain (what I call) style cycles. For example, I've been wearing more skinny jeans and tops this week, rather than pairing up dresses and leggings. Do you ever get into style cycles?

What I'm wearing, from left to right:

Valentine's Day
-lace print blouse, Forever 21
-skinny jeans, thrift store $3
-wool sweater, thrift store $2.50
-crossbone loafers by Y.R.U (I got them on mega sale)

Work 
-red striped dress by Shawna Hofmann (featured in this blog)
-wool sweater, thrift store $2.50
-cowboy boots

Work
-bone sweater by Too Fast Clothing
-skinny jeans, thrift store $3
-collared button-up top, thrift store $2
- my ancient Demonia creepers
-stripey socks, I love to show off some sock!



This is how I really felt Wednesday morning. Haha!

In hair related news, while giving myself a 'little trim' with the clippers I had an "OOPS". Well is was more like an "aww shit", so the sides of the head are now almost hairless again. Not a big deal, it's just cold out and the side fuzz makes a big difference! Oh well, should have waited for my hair appointment next week. D'oh! I do feel strangely naked, but at the same time I feel a lot more tiddy and my head looks a lot smaller. HAHAHA! 

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


12 comments:

  1. I have a few poses I reuse, often depending on the time of day. I use natural light in the house for my pictures if possible, they turn out better, so I face certain directions and angles to get the best light, ha ha.

    Changing to a different style cycle can be a lot of fun! Cats Like Us sounds like a good place to work, I hope my future workplace will let me dress as I choose.

    I love the black detailing on the red dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do the best thing in terms of trying to incorporate natural light into my photos, hence standing certain directions ;)

      Delete
  2. What a spectacularly awesome red dress; every detail of it, wow!

    I relate to that last photo for this morning; what a drag, but I'm glad I pushed myself out of bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the dress was a very lavish purchase at Five and Diamond while on vacation in San Francisco in 2009 :) I love it oh so very much!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous red dress! It looks stunning on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Wednesday morning look is my Monday through Sunday look, except your outfit is much cuter!

    Thank God I've gone back to work temporarily at the clothing boutique for a few months, because my style cycle (or rut, if you'd prefer) is black sweatpants and my ripped Strange World tattoo shirt. Not a good look! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfits! You look adorable as always. :)

    I've been stuck in a sad style rut for about 3 years. I wear the same 10% of my clothes constantly, and I have grown to hate them. :P I'm overdue for a major change in style direction!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hee hee! That happens to me allllll the time. I adore all of these looks, but especially the red dress and cardi. So darkly adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the looks. I get into style cycles all the time. Lately it's been either dresses and tights or jeans, a graphic tee and a cardigan.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^