Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Mod Monster Snow Party



Here's my new dress from work, the Retro Monsters Maria Dress by Sourpuss Clothing, which I wore on Friday despite the giant snowstorm that was brewing. The way I layered and styled the dress made me feel like a creepy 60s Mod. "Ready, Steady, Go!"


The cotton dress is really comfortable, but really short, so leggings were definitely in order. The dress is also pretty low cut, so I paired it with a button up top that has a peter pan style collar, and added a clip-on ribbon tie for fun. I love ribbon ties, they're not just for cowboys (and cowgirls)!


I switched out the belt that came with the dress for a slim shiny belt which matched my Docs perfectly, I slapped on a hat for an extra touch (plus I didn't feel like doing my hair), and wore my stripped button earrings. I felt really cute which lifted my spirits for the day and Derek exclaiming that I "looked adorable", so I took that as a very nice compliment. (Smile)

I hope all my East Coast friends are staying warm and safe during this snow storm! 

Thank you for reading! 
XOXO-Meagan Kyla



12 comments:

  1. Definitely adorable! I'd almost call the dress a tunic, it's so short. ;) I love it layered over the black shirt and leggings, and the ribbon tie is very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really adorable print, and of course you too =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bride of Frankenstein! Yay! Love the hat and the ribbon at the neck! You have a great sense of style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The print is too cute, I also love the Bride of Frankenstein and her hubby ;)
      Thank you for very much for the sweet compliment :)

      Delete
  4. Seconding adorable; I do love the print on that dress, and you've styled it nicely so it's casual and the print isn't overpowering. Nice one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to tone down crazy prints, especially when it's a dress.

      Delete
  5. you wear this outfit so well!! love your Docs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! Can never go wrong with Docs ;)

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^