Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

An Exciting Weekend : Happy Birthday to Derek


Fun with friends!

Saturday was Derek's 39th birthday, so we celebrated in style at Transmission Dance Party, which is a bi-monthly dance event dj'ed by our friend's Jason and Bill. This particular Transmission was their annual The Cure vs. The Smiths, so you know we were happier than pigs in mud (or bats in a belfry). Transmission is one of my personal favorite dance events, it's a mix of indie dance music, post-punk and goth classics. I like that the crowd is diverse and that all my friend's just dance like manics all night long!


This is what I wore, minus the shoes since we got dumped on with snow, so I wore my Docs instead to keep my feet dry and for the traction. I would have slipped and fell in my new spiked creeper platforms, ouch!


The dress is a new wardrobe addition, purchased from Forever 21 online. I styled the dress with a shiny pleather belt, some knit tights, my favorite silver cross necklace, spiked hoop earrings, and assorted bracelets. I tied my hair up in a hair scarf to get it out of my face. I'm really glad I bought the dress, it's so easy to wear and the stripes are fun! I wish they made this dress in black or grey or both, I really love the cut! I'm also glad I bought it when I did since the black and white stripes are all sold out! 
Yeah, I love dresses. 

But the fun doesn't stop here!


On Sunday we went up to IKEA in Burlington, Ontario Canada. As silly as it sounds, I've only been to IKEA once before while visiting Philadelphia, PA so I was really excited! We don't have an IKEA in Buffalo, so the closest one is about an hour away, which includes having to cross an international boarder and all the jazz. We had a blast and managed to get some new useful household things for our apartment and the guys enjoyed their Swedish Meatballs, hehehe!


On our way home, before going back into the States, we dined at Happy Jack's Chinese restaurant. Derek and I had never been, but we now understand why our friend's love their food so much. Mmmmmm! We even drank out of ceramic pineapples! 

Birthday wishes, dance party, friend's, IKEA and Tiki drinks! Good weekend for sure!

Thank you for reading!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

15 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEREK!!! WAHOO! 39, a nice magickal number. ;) And you, darling, are adorable! Love those creepers! WAHOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely love! I know Derek makes a face when I saw 39, but it's only a number and he's only getting better with age! ;)

      Delete
  2. Yes, happy birthday Derek! Saturday was my partner Anita's birthday too - must be an auspicious day!! ;)

    I *love* Ikea - so glad we have one in Adelaide - I'm very impressed you went to a different country to visit one! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Birthday Anita! It's certainly a wonderful day for wonderful people =D
      I'm sorta glad Ikea's not too close as I would be there every week! Hahahaha!

      Delete
  3. lol ikea is the best. we go there too when there's nothing to do. not as exciting as going across international lines to go to ikea, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely an adventure, but going over the border to Canada isn't too bad, I've been doing it since I was a kid. I still always get nervous when they ask us all these crazy questions when I have nothing to hide! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday Derek!! :)
    Oh I love your comfy goth outfits <3 <3
    It's interesting to hear about what other think of IKEA as I come from IKEA-land ;) some years they have lovely retro collections. I bought a bat chair once when they had anniversary (they opened -57).
    Oh when I saw your comment on my Irregular choice shoes it reminded me that last year they had AWESOME wood carved tiki wedges, 40's style. I literally drooled and drooled but couldn't afford them :(
    I know that you love the tiki style those would have been something for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's just my style as I don't look like I'm going to the club during the day (not that there is anything wrong with that). As I get older, I like simple things that are still chic and appropriate for whatever life event happens. Does that make sense?
      Those shoes sound AMAZING, I'm always looking for that style of shoe (vintage or new), but they are $$$$. Some day!

      Yes, you come from IKEA-land! I love it! A bat chair? That sounds amazing! Oh IKEA, I love you ;)

      Delete
    2. The bat chair is a typical swedish design. Try google "fladdermusfÄtölj". Unfortunately I left my chair when I got divorced because lack of space. Maybe I could ask my exhusband if he use it otherwise it would be perfect in my sons room :)

      Delete
  5. Your scarf/ bow is super cute! and the whole outfit and look WORKS! Happy Birthday to Derek! Charles hates his age too...sensitive boys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 39 ... still in the first flush of youth! Happy Birthday, Derek!

    Makes me laugh you had to come to Canada to see an Ikea! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Canada! ;) Some of my most fun times were frolicking as a teen in Toronto!

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday to Derek! You looked so darling - I bet he loved it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! He loves stripes, so when I showed him my dress he said, "Ohhhhhh!" which always means he approves x 10! Haha!

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^