Sponsor + Ad Info

Friday, February 8, 2013

Outfit of the Day : A Dress to a Skirt


It was a beautiful day Tuesday, though it was cold, the sun was shining and it put me in a very productive and happy mood. I tackled a sewing project that puzzled me for quite some time, turning a dress into a skirt. The dress in question is one that I wore to my New Jersey wedding reception (side note: we got married in Buffalo, but since most of Derek's friends and family live in New Jersey/New York City area we had a small second reception. Thanks to my awesome in-laws), which I wasn't too thrilled with even when I purchased it.

Doesn't even look like us!

I decided to cut the top off completely, take the side zipper out and sew on an elastic band. My plan worked, but I have to pull the skirt over my head in order to get it on. D'oh! I could have sew on a new zipper, but I just wanted it done!



I've seen a lot of fellow blogger's rockin' the tucked-in look and I wanted to give it a try! The new skirt is the perfect for the look, I added an elastic waist belt to add some visual interest to my waist. The top I'm wearing is a ruched lace and cotton t-shirt from Forever 21, paired with my hearse necklace, lace tights and my Docs. 




I'm also excited about my new back drop, what a difference it makes by tacking a fancy table cloth on the wall. Haha! I can check that off the 'to-do' list, which is an added bonus! 

Thank you for reading!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^