Sponsor + Ad Info

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Bein' A Cemetery Creep

Photobucket
Instagram photo Derek took
On Saturday I got to be a cemetery creep for my friend Zach Rose as he shot some 26 year old expired litho film with his 4x5 camera. Basically he wanted me to "look creepy", which I think I can handle pretty well. Hehe. I decided to take my velvet cape that Derek got for me out for a spin, though it was 80+ degree weather, I think it was worth it for the desired effect. It was a little windy that day, so the cape was blowing in the wind and I was singing "Bela Lugosi's Dead" and acting like a Vampire (more like a silly girl) in-between shots.

Photobucket
Zach Rose's 4x5 Graflex Speed Graphic. Photo by Zach

Photobucket

Here's the result after processing the 26 year old expired film. Pretty cool huh? I absolutely love black and white film processing, I did experiment a lot in high school and through some of college (sadly I never got my degree) as I wanted to be a photographer. It's definitely still an interest and a casual hobby of mine, but I'm always honored to be asked to participate in such neat artistic endeavors. 

Thanks for reading!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

2 comments:

  1. That's really nifty!
    It's such an interesting effect expired film gives.
    Your outfit is great, too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^