Sponsor + Ad Info

Monday, April 2, 2012

Sorry I'm Late! Sophistique Noir's Monthly Theme : Flowers

I had a hard time with this one until I light bulb went off, "I have flowers tattooed on me!". Wow, talk about a "duh" moment! So, I'm late to the game and double blogging today. *Wink*

Photobucket

On my right leg, pretty hibiscus flowers and a sugar skull, one of my husbands specialities.

Photobucket

A little blurry, but my blue rose for my mother on my right inner forearm. My mother loves flowers and the color blue.

Photobucket

A little collection of some of my cherry blossoms on my left arm ditch. The blue lady bug for my best friend Melanie, the skull with the pompadour is my husband. The lips are also my Cure tattoo which is album art from the vinyl LP cover of"Jumping Someone Else's Train". Not floral, I just love the lips. Hehehe!


I apologize about my poor attempts at watermarking the photos, my husband did all the tattoos and not only do I guard his work, I also guard my tattoo artwork. I don't like to post my tattoo's all over the place as people do not understand the proper tattoo etiquette and mainly not stealing or directly copying people's tattoo's from the Internet.

Thanks for reading!

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

10 comments:

  1. awwww.... cute about the skully's in the cherry blossoms. I didn't know that.
    You know, I didn't even think about my flower tattoos! DERP. That woulda made this months theme easier. Oh well.
    Lovely work. I don't think I've looked up close at your artwork. I shall do that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was shaving my legs and said "Oh yeah I have flower TATTOO'S". LOL! We can have a tattoo show and tell one of these days, hehehhee!

      Delete
  2. lol! It's funny how we see our tattoos every day and start to forget they are even there. :) Your husband does great work! I love the stylized cherry blossoms. I didn't realize, when you recently said his Robert Smith drawing might become a tattoo, that he would be doing it himself. That's a good talent to have in the family. ;)

    Ugh; why is tattoo etiquette so hard for some to grasp? There was once a guy who was hanging out in the same extended circle of club friends as me, and every time he saw me he said he wanted to get the same tattoo as the bat I have on my shoulder. I tried to politely explain to him that, simple as it is, I did design it myself and it means something to ME. Creepy. I haven't run into him in years; hopefully he never went through with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I forget how covered I am until someone mentions it, I know it sounds silly, but I have to admit it's true.

      That is ridiculous and creepy about that person, I am glad he is not someone you have to deal with. *Ick* It's like, hey guy there are so many different versions of a bat out there, go pick your own or design your own! People think it's a compliment (to copy) when it's down right annoying. Copying someone else's clothing, whatever, copy someone's tattoo art equals absurd.

      Delete
  3. A brilliant interpretation of the floral theme. Your tattoos are really good and I love that you've shared a bit about who they're for and what they mean to you...and you and your husband are obviously a very creative and talented couple :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not all my tattoo's have meaning, but I just wanted to share some insight into them :) Thank you for the lovely compliments!

      Delete
  4. Those scull flowers are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sugar skull and the reference to The Cure. Amazing tattoos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Cure are my favorite band and I thought it was a unique "band tattoo". Thank you for your kind words :)

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^