Sponsor + Ad Info

Monday, April 9, 2012

She's In Parties.........


I've been upcycling a lot of thrifted jackets for my etsy shop and they've have been selling things like hot cakes (mmmmm.....hot cakes), so I ventured out with my friend Sarah to replenish my depleted stash. I often restrain myself from buying everything in sight, especially jackets since I'm a self proclaimed jacket-o-holic. I do pick up things here and there to not modify to sell as not everyone has the patience, skill or passion to thrift. There is a world of awesome slightly used items out there! Well, I picked up this Betseyville light weight long ruffled sweater for $4 to resell.


Photobucket

Once I put it on to photograph and paired it with my awesomely 80s stretch belt (picked up for $1 at an outdoor market) and my new pointy Demonia skull boots, I just couldn't resist keeping this lovely sweater. I have to admit the gothy ruffly sleeves really did me in, I love the drama!


Photobucket
New pointy's from ebay $27


Photobucket
Goth salute? ? ? ?
It's funny taking photos of myself, sometimes I get slightly embarrassed when I post them and sometimes I'm drinking a glass of wine (or two) and just let the blogs fly! I really enjoy reading other people's blogs and since I think there is an art to dressing, makeup skills, and craft skills, I just hope others enjoy my little slice of the internet. I think that's what I enjoy the most about blogging, is getting a glimpse into another ones world that I may not normally have contact with, especially if we live on the opposite ends of the world. It truly is not vanity, it's sharing information about the regular world around you or perhaps the 'highlights' of who YOU are. Life is about celebrating yourself and being proud of what you can contribute to the world around you, you never know who's life you can touch with the slightest things. It took me a long time to realize that I love helping people look and feel good, it's truly a passion of mine. I believe every person has a special 'something' about them which can be expressed through the visual art of dress, in their own way, yet some just may need a little help getting there. The little shy girl who lives inside me has a special place in my heart for those who don't have the tools to break out of their shell, I can be your little push with my goofy antics and silly words. *Wink*

Weird tangent, I know. I've been pondering things I've been reading about people getting bullied on their blogs or feeling less than confident with themselves. I say, haters are going to hate and I'm not immune to it, yet I believe we're all allowed our little place in this world to shine. <3

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

17 comments:

  1. I agree!! I love reading about other people's style and creative ideas ;)

    When I started blogging, I was aware that some unsavoury people from my past may be reading ... but as you said, 'haters are going to hate', and you can't let them stifle you.

    Keep up the blog entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, sister! I needed that "tagent" today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn; are you SURE you don't want to sell that one? ;-D

    I'm so glad you said all of that. I know fashion/beauty bloggers are constantly criticized for their vanity... But if that's all it was, these blogs wouldn't be so popular. Clearly, ladies love to share what they are doing and see what others are doing and glean inspiration from one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think of you when I spotted the sweater! ;)

      Inspiration is exactly that! I look at things subjectively and admiration for people's talents and I find people are too quick to jump to the emotions of envy and jealousy when viewing someone else's expression of self.
      It's nice to be call "beautiful" when we post blogs, but I think it's more fulfilling to share ideas and perhaps help people :)

      Delete
  4. That top picture is my favorite of your yet! Perfect.

    Amen. You know my thoughts on the whole blogging thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Elizabeth. Yes, we definitely see eye to eye on blogging :)

      Delete
  5. You look great! I'm a fairly new blogger and still don't quite know who (if anyone) I'm actually blogging for, to or at but I really enjoy looking at other people's blogs and reading about their ideas and lives and figured it shouldn't be a one way thing and I should participate in the community not just look in. I don't think it's vain to share creativity and support each other, I think it's something very special :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it is something special and it takes a lot to "put yourself out there". I find it rewarding and informative!

      Delete
  6. WAHOO! *insert wolf whistle here* HOTTY! I LOVE that sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I fall more in love with you with every thing you post... you are truly an inspiration to me, fashion-wise and just by your attitude! Not to mention you are a beautiful woman!

    Two things...those boots are amazing! And... I can definitely fall in with the bullied category. My blog is fairly new and I've already had some pretty rough bullying by people that I went to college with...I like to think that I keep things pretty unoffensive, but apparently my gothic ways are going to send me to hell ;)People are jerks. Anyways! Thanks again for posting such awesome stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you've experienced some negative crap on your blog, yet I think it's cool you continue to blog for yourself! People need to get a life, lol!

      Thank you for your kind words, you are very sweet. :)

      Delete
  8. I guess Im kind of a new blogger and your post made me smile, you seem like a wondeful person! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you just made me blush! ;) Thank you for your kind words! <3

      Delete
  9. I totally agree with you on why we blog. It's so much fun to have "imaginary friends" with so much in common with me - I so rarely run across people who like the stuff I like around here. You look great because you have your OWN style and the confidence to be true to it! LOVE IT! Keep up the spooky work!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^