Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, April 7, 2012

'Ladies In Black' Quarterly Theme : Siouxsie Sioux

Photobucket

Miss Elizabeth of Bethezda's Preoccupations proposed a quarterly theme for our 'Ladies In Black' group and the first person is Siouxsie Sioux, needless to say a lot of us we quite excited. I don't have an exact time as to when I became enamored with Siouxsie Sioux or when I first heard the band Siouxsie and the Banshees, but their music helped shape my musical tastes and fashion style.

I am not going to lie and say I was born a goth and always wore black. My love of music started in the early 80s with my brother who listened to everything from Warrant to U2 to Beastie Boys to Trinere (freestyle!) to Depeche Mode, etc. My brother has all different types of friends and was a music lover who didn't limit himself, I still thank him for that. My journey into darkness started in high school, my first boyfriend (at 14) was obsessed with The Cure and drown me in cassette's with tons of rarities and b-sides, he also listened to The Sisters of Mercy, The Creatures, and Siouxsie and the Banshees. Though I was involved with the hardcore and rave scene at the time, I always listened to a variety of music. I didn't identify myself as a goth (nor did I look like a goth), yet the post-punker was budding inside me. It wasn't until I became friend's with a group of older goths (I was 16 and they were 18, sooo old! Haha!) that I was totally immersed into the goth/post-punk music culture and used to hang out for hours and listen to music and watch videos. I also have my friend Paul to thank, as he really helped to shape this post-punk girl's taste's. The rest, they say, is history.

Photobucket
Halloween 2010
While I started slowly creeping to the 'dark side' (PS-I hate the term "baby bat"), I loved to look at photos of; Robert Smith, Siouxsie Sioux, Andrew Eldritch, and Ogre of Skinny Puppy. The big teased hair, raccoon eyes and black drapey clothing made me swoon.....well it still does. *Wink* I have Siouxsie Sioux to thank, as she made me want big teased hair!


Photobucket

Photobucket

More photos from Halloween 2010. Funny story about our costumes, we literally made them on Halloween day! We had already done 3 costumes for other Halloween parties and didn't want to repeat, so we ventured off to Spirit (Halloween store) and picked up these silly wigs which I cut, teased, colored, etc. to get them to try and look like Robert Smith's and Siouxsie's glorious mops. Not too shabby for a very last minute costume idea. We had fun having a Halloween drink at a local hangout and people appreciated our efforts. Heck, dressing up like Siouxsie and wearing a dark wig made me decide to take the plunge and get out of my blonde hair rut and try on a new darker shade of hair....I'm glad I did. 



One of my favorites! 

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

8 comments:

  1. Haaha, you both look gorgeous!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We have fun. My own Robert Smith <3

      Delete
  2. Those Halloween outfits are awesome! And btw my boyfriend is also a huge The Cure fan :) That's why I often call him my cute Cure boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome. You've thrown the gauntlet down. I think I will just review an album.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you look 1000 times better than the real sioxsie at that time but the robert smith lookalike is 1000 times fatier than the real one :-))

    your eyes+ mouth and nose = perfect you could be a top model from a fashion magazine
    but the robert smith lookalike is strange
    sorry but my opinion

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^