Sponsor + Ad Info

Monday, February 29, 2016

Ribcage Sweater


Julie Ann at work asked me how many rib cage sweaters I owned and I replied with laugh, "three". This Iron Fist rib cage sweater was picked up on a super after Christmas sale and I really loved the Peter Pan collar. It's a pull over sweater, which I generally don't gravitate towards, but it's Winter and being warm was more on my mind.


I'm wearing; rib cage sweater (Iron Fist), pleated skirt (vintage, from Julie Ann), polka dot scarf (Sourpuss Clothing), purple velvet boots (6pm.com), earrings (vintage), and coffin brooch (Charcoal Designs).


As I'm typing this, we are waiting to have a plumbing service come to the house and *hopefully* be able to give us some good news. We have been dealing with a sewer line issues since last year and we finally know that part of the pipe is collapsed. We are hoping they can help us to repair it in a 'non-digging up everything' sort of way. We've both been stressed out as we have other house issues to add to the list, BUT I am grateful for a roof over my head (even though there is a leak, ha!) and our boiler is still working. This Old Goth Haus is 129 years old, so we knew it wasn't going to be an easy road of home ownership.....

Luckily we are a great team and when there is goal in mind, we work towards that goal until the end.
*Fingers and toes crossed*

Thank you for reading, until next time!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla


18 comments:

  1. Ahhh that sweater is so perfect! Very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this outfit is so cute yet awesome ^^ love how you styled the sweater

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute sweater! And I love how you've styled it. :) Hope that your plumbing issues will get solved. Stuff like that can be so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We are very frustrated over here and dollar signs are flashing everywhere. Trying to stay positive....

      Delete
  4. I hope it can be resolved by a non-digging solution, too...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have to dig, but it's not going to result in completely re-routing the whole sewer line. This plumbing company gave us more options and didn't give me a $10,000 price quote right away.

      Delete
  5. *crosses fingers* Hope all this works out!

    YOU LOOK MARVELOUS! I love how you styled the sweater and skirt, so retro and cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. Turns out we need a new roof as well. Sigh. We have some plans of action, but need to wait for other factors. Last night was a rough night of worrying and bad dreams.

      Breathe in. Breathe out.

      Delete
  6. Cute sweater! I love the collar. :D

    Major downer about the plumbing issues and the roof. :( Old houses are great... if you can get through the trials and tribulations. Just keep breathing. I am sending you good house vibes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. I'm trying to stay positive....it's been hard. <3

      Delete
  7. That sounds seriously stressful. We had some really unpleasant plumbing issues (including a crossed line that involved the tub and toilet - nuts, I know!) in one of the first places we lived and I don't think I'll ever shake off the bad memories. Fingers definitely crossed that everything works out for you guys soon.

    What a great outfit. Those boots are utterly breathtaking!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. Your situation sounds HORRIBLE! The things that people did in old houses can be terrifying when you realize what is hidden in the walls/floors etc. *shutters* I still love This Old Goth Haus, even if it's being a pain in my rear ;)

      Delete
  8. I really love your rib sweater! Bones are fun! Ever since I saw Donnie Darko I've dreamed of having a bones outfit to wear. It's fun seeing all these different kinds of bones on different kinds of clothes ;) Good luck with the plumbing! I hope it turns out well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh yes, Donnie Darko! Very cool inspiration for bones-covered clothing. Hehehe!

      Delete
  9. Isn't home ownership "fun"?? There is always something that needs to be fixed!!
    I really love the outfit, especially the cute hair scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...or skunks that need to not live under the shed. PU!!! ;)

      Delete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^