Sponsor + Ad Info

Monday, February 8, 2016

Back From Florida

Moai's greeting you at Grind

We decided a sort of 'last minute' trip to visit my parents in Florida...and by last minute in my world means we only planned a month in advance. I mentioned my Father is having some health problems, meaning he's been diagnosed with cancer. He has already had some procedures done and is in the best hands in terms of my Mother and his team of doctors, but I'm still scared and with being so far away it makes my fears even worse. Though it's the best case scenario with catching everything early, there is a long road of treatments ahead.

We left very early last Monday morning and arrived in Daytona Beach to the smiling faces and embrace of my parents. After stripping off layers of clothing and freshening up a bit, we had lunch at the Grind Gastropub &Kona Bar in Ormond Beach. We visited the restaurant when it was called Caffeine Wine Bar & Bistro and I'm soooooo glad they changed ownership, it's much more amazing now!


This is the only time my hair looked descent, I forgot about the humidity! LOL! That's why I brought hair scarves!


Mom and Dad coordinating without even knowing it!


Grind's food was amazing, the Tiki drinks were sort 'eh', but the decor made up for it!


Amongst other things we did during the week, we visited the Silver Springs state park and went on the glass bottoms boats. I'm a nerd for anything that has some history and the glass bottoms boats have been running for 100 years!



The spring's were beautiful and the boat ride was very relaxing. I was glad my Father was feeling up to the activities and enjoyed the visit. 



It was a gorgeous day and perfect for making memories <3

I miss my parents already, but I'm happy to be home.

XOXO-Meagan Kyla



13 comments:

  1. I am sorry about your dad, Meagan. These are some lovely photos of your folks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. He's a tough cookie and I know in my heart things will be OK. My Father is 78, so it's just scary...

      Delete
  2. I wish to you and your dad all the strenght in the world and hope that the cancer is conquered quickly. My mother had squamous cell cancer last autumn and it sure was difficult time for us, I was so worried. She has been working hard her whole life,and now when she is about to retire from work life it seemed so unfair. Now the cancer is gone and I sure wish that it will stay away too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending your Pop some good mojo and fighting energy! And to you, my friend, calm and balance ... and lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your father's health issues. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too. It was nice to make some new memories with them :)

      Delete
  5. Sending some good vibes toward you and your parents. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending love and strength to you and your parents <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was having a bit of trouble commenting earlier, so sorry if you end up with multiple comments.

    Thinking of you and your family! It was nice you were able to come down and spend time with them, and I am sure it helped your dad feel a bit better!

    Glass bottomed boats are a good idea. I tried snorkelling as a kid and cut my knee on coral (not badly). Klutzy people like me need boats like that! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How wonderful that your dad was able to take part in these wonderful outing with you.

    The glass bottom boot looks so cool! That's something I'd definitely like to experience some day, too.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about your dad. I'm glad they caught it early. My fingers are crossed that everything will go well and that he will get better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^