Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, February 27, 2016

"May I Please Borrow Your Big Bat Necklace"


That was the exact question I texted Derek last night, "May I please borrow your big bat necklace". I went out by myself last night to a local goth club night and met up with my best friend. Derek didn't feel like going out after a long day at work, so I ventured out on my own borrowing Derek's Alchemy Gothic bat necklace (a gift from me) which was the only thing I could think of wearing amongst the dense ruffles of my shirt.

I like big bats and I can not lie....


The high collar ruffled shirt was a gift from Derek several years ago, back when Lip Service was making some great pieces, like this white ruffled shirt Derek also gifted me. The black ruffled shirt that I'm wearing was in the 'club clothes' section of my closet (which is teeny tiny now) and I realized it need to be mixed into my other button-up blouses and get incorporated into more outfits. My life of haunting the club every week has changed to haunting my own home, but I want to wear my beautiful things all the time and make good use out of them.


It was nice to blow off some steam as we've been dealing with a lot of house stresses, planning, problem solving and worrying. In my world, things happen in 3's and it's sorta getting out of hand. Hahaha! Staying positive is what I am focused on....

I'm wearing a black ruffled blouse (old, Lip Service), black trousers (Forever 21), DIY jacket (old, Switchblade Stiletto), pointy buckle boots (Nasty Gal, Shoe Cult brand?), bat necklace (Alchemy Gothic via ebay), ankh earrings (etsy), and black felt hat (old, Forever 21). Lipstick color is Ravishin' Raisin by Wet n' Wild.

Thank you for reading, until next time!
XOXO-Meagan Kyla

15 comments:

  1. You look amazing! Both ruffle shirts are perfection. And, I love not only that you borrow his things but that you also ask :D Plus, it makes a great post title!

    Happy haunting wherever you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear!
      Yes, I always ask even though Derek tells me I don't have to. I just feel like it's a respect for him as my partner <3

      Delete
  2. I love the ruffled blouse. And I have a necklace just like that. I can't help but think of Lily Munster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that blouse and the whole outfit is epic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tee-hee-hee, love the pun (and outfit, necklace very much included). I'm a huge fan of bats, too. Big, small, cute, spooky - you name it! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL you have such a fun way of writing on your blog- I love it! Love the outfit too! That's great that you've been trying to mix the club clothes in with your other clothes. I really goes well with how you've been trying to wear more of your clothes that previously have been overlooked. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Thank you dear, glad you like my silly writings :) Yes! I've doing really well and getting a lot of use out of my clothing. I've rewarded myself with a few thrift finds and some new accessories. Gotta live a little ;)

      Delete
  6. My club clothing section of the closet is beginning to shrink these days as well :( Too many adult responsibilities and problems blargh! I'm glad that you got to have a night out to blow off some steam!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^