Sponsor + Ad Info

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Inspired by Menswear


If you've been with me for any amount of time, you may have noticed how much I wear collared shirts, blazers and menswear inspired outfits. Once upon a time I wanted to be a menswear design and did attend college for a few years to make that dream come true.


I love suits and structured garments (Giorgio Armani is one of my favorite menswear designer) with clean lines mixed with flowy materials. I also have a massive jacket obsession due to my love of structure and construction.


I also love ponte knit as it gives a structured look with a lot of comfort, like my black blazer. I also like a lapel in which I can decorate with pins, like this rhinestone cleaver brooch by Kreepsville 666. 

peek-a-boo


Do you have any menswear inspiration in your wardrobe?

XOXO-Meagan Kyla

15 comments:

  1. I love this look, I am very fond of leopard prints,
    and I also really like that pin : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the androgynous look, in winter it's my main attire! You look gorgeous and this look fits you so well!

    PS. That brooch is adorable!! :D

    unknownprettylies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee hee - that brooch is a hoot. Your hair is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! I look terrible in menswear, but it looks good on many others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've seen you wear a vest or two, you don't look terrible at all ;)

      Delete
  5. The pin is brilliant, I don't suit menswear at all, but it looks great on you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The pin is so massive and heavy, but so much fun to wear!

      Delete
  6. I adore menswear! I have quite a few ties, bowties and feel like I've been spending my whole life looking for an oversized blazer that doesn't swamp my figure (it sounds like an oxymoron but it has to be out there somewhere!).

    Although, my menswear inspired outfits always tend to turn out very feminine when traveling from my head to my body!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute outfit! Love the hairstyle, too. I have ONE menswear-looking blazer that I LOVE but I have to be careful about what I wear it with as I am broad-shouldered.....it needs to be paired with a very feminine dress and shoes when I wear it or otherwise I look a little TOO manly for my tastes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for connecting with me! Your comment will be (read!) and published shortly. ^v^ ^V^ ^v^